Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Libra » [WAR Product] Validation issue for classes provided by the application server
[WAR Product] Validation issue for classes provided by the application server [message #709162] Wed, 03 August 2011 15:16 Go to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello

Starting to develop some bundles able to send email using Javamail,
I added a dependence constraint for javax.mail classes as Imported-packages.

I choosed this way because like javax.servlet, as part of JEE, javamail is supposed to be provided by the application server.

but I am facing some issues because war product complains about missing constraints.

To workaround that I have explicitely to add my javamail bundle in Plug-ins and Fragments configuration list of war product definition, but I would prefer to avoid that.

I expected that javamail would have been considered as servlet, meaning even some bundles depends on javax.servlet, it is not necessary to add explicitely javax.servlet bundle.

Is there any way to define dependencies supposed to be provided by the container, we do not want to add as bundle in WAR file (like javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http) ?

Regards,
Arnaud
Re: [WAR Product] Validation issue for classes provided by the application server [message #709896 is a reply to message #709162] Thu, 04 August 2011 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More generally, I think it would be nice if WAR tooling could have some support for dependencies defined in "extendedFrameworkExports" of the bridge servlet.

Re: [WAR Product] Validation issue for classes provided by the application server [message #710106 is a reply to message #709162] Thu, 04 August 2011 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Staudacher is currently offline Holger StaudacherFriend
Hi Arnaud,
currently there is not work around available. What you have described is a valid use case and a missing feature. It's simply not implemented to avoid such javax.mail warnings. Could you file a bugzilla for it? Thanks in advance.

Cheers Holger
Re: [WAR Product] Validation issue for classes provided by the application server [message #710678 is a reply to message #710106] Fri, 05 August 2011 09:41 Go to previous message
Hello,

I have created https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353982

Regards,
Arnaud
Previous Topic:No classes from WEB-INF/classes returned by Bundle.getEntryPaths
Next Topic:"OSGI Bundle" facet should requires "Java" facet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:52:20 GMT 2024