Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Error Check text in TextArea
Error Check text in TextArea [message #708955] Wed, 03 August 2011 10:27 Go to next message
Michel Sumbul is currently offline Michel SumbulFriend
Hi,

I want to check if there's a string in a text area. During the test Jubula give me two popup with a lot of error.

In attachement you can see two screenshots of the errors.

I think that it's because the textArea contains to much character, if it's the problem what can I do?

Thanks for the futur help,
Michel
Re: Error Check text in TextArea [message #709124 is a reply to message #708955] Wed, 03 August 2011 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hello Michel,

regarding this and your question about testing if there is not a specific string check this link: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node4.html about using regular expressions in your test specification.
Hope this helps solving your problem.
Oliver
Re: Error Check text in TextArea [message #709155 is a reply to message #709124] Wed, 03 August 2011 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

I m not sure that you understand exactly what I want. I would like that the test failed if he founds a specific string into a text area and the test must be a success if he don't found the string. I m not sure but I don't think that's possible to do with the regular expression.

Moreover, when you check the existence of a node in a tree, we can specify it with the parameter "exist". But we don't have this parameter with the test "check text".

Thanks for your help,
Michel
Re: Error Check text in TextArea [message #709190 is a reply to message #709155] Wed, 03 August 2011 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The "Operator" parameter for check text has a "not equals" option. You could also probably write a regular expression that checks that a specific string is not present.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Error Check text in TextArea [message #709306 is a reply to message #709190] Wed, 03 August 2011 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

To put a regular expression, the operator must be a "matches", no?

Quotation from the link giving by Oliver:
"Actions which support regular expressions have an additional parameter, "Operator". From this combo box, you can choose "matches" to indicate that you want to use regular expressions."

So I can't use the "not equals" operator if I must use a regular expression.

Moreover, I m very sorry, but I don't have any idea how can I parameter the test with a regular expression if I want a test who failed when he founds the string and the test success if the string isn't found. Can you give me an exemple to do that?

Thanks for your reply, Smile
Michel
Re: Error Check text in TextArea [message #709659 is a reply to message #709306] Thu, 04 August 2011 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Michel,

Yes, if you want to use a regular expression, then you will have to use "matches". If you didn't have to use a regular expression you could use "not equals".

It is possible to write regular expressions that check for the non-existence of a specific string by using the circumflex ^ character in square brackets to negate a group within the regular expression. This will produce the effect you require - if the string is not found, the test is successful.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Error Check text in TextArea [message #710612 is a reply to message #709659] Fri, 05 August 2011 08:07 Go to previous message
Hi, anyone known how to resolve the problem of the "popup error"?
Previous Topic:Check if there's not a specific string in textarea
Next Topic:Testing viewAction items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:40:38 GMT 2024