Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Running different test suite
Running different test suite [message #707892] Tue, 02 August 2011 07:31 Go to next message
Michel LAURENT is currently offline Michel LAURENTFriend
Hello,

I would like to test different test suite using the test executor.
In the configuration file I specified

<testsuite>
<entry>TestSuite1</entry>
<entry>TestSuite2</entry>
</testsuite>

It looks like that the test executor see that there are differents test suites (Running Test Suite: TestSuite1 (1/2) but after executing the firt test suite, the testexecutor stop the AUT and never run TestSuite2 ...

Does I miss something ?

I prefer not to use test Job because I have to specify the AUT for each test suite and I have 4 AUT on 3 system (win32, win64 and mac) to test ... Using test suite, it's easy because I only have to do some copy/paste in the configuration file ...

Thanks,

Michel
Re: Running different test suite [message #707954 is a reply to message #707892] Tue, 02 August 2011 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hello Michel,

it is not possible to run different Test Suites with only one run of the test executor. So if you don´t want to use Test Jobs you will have to use a separate run of the test executor for each Test Suite.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Running different test suite [message #707971 is a reply to message #707954] Tue, 02 August 2011 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel LAURENT is currently offline Michel LAURENTFriend
Thanks for your fast reply Olivier.

Well, in this case, I think the only think to do is to use TestJob. Even If I have to do 3 times the same things ... It will not be easy to maintain this (the test are the same for win32,win64 and mac version) but the test suite is per AUT ID...

We have 4 versions of our <Program>. Each one have the same base (so I only created 1 AUT) but some test are version specific. For example, you have to do steps before running the 'core' test who is available for each version...

So I defined 12 AUT configuration :
version1_win32
version1_win64
version1_mac
version2_win32
version2_win64
version2_mac
version3_win32
version3_win64
version3_mac
version4_win32
version4_win64
version4_mac

This way, the test suite are for <Program> and I can specify everything in the XML config file for testexecutor.

The solution is to transform my testsuite into test case and this way, I will only have 4 test suite (one for each version) and I only have to run one test suite per system.

I don't really see what's the interest of Test Jobs ... May I miss something ?

Michel

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2011 09:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running different test suite [message #708127 is a reply to message #707892] Tue, 02 August 2011 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Michel,

for further information on how to use Test Jobs check this link:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node142.html
Regards
Oliver
Re: Running different test suite [message #724971 is a reply to message #708127] Tue, 13 September 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Missing name is currently offline Chris Missing nameFriend
Why does the configuration file include the <entry> tags for testsuite if only one testsuite can be executed per invocation of testexec? Is this functionality something that will be extended in the near future?
Re: Running different test suite [message #725161 is a reply to message #724971] Wed, 14 September 2011 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
It's actually the other way around - since adding Test Jobs, the execution of multiple Test Suites was removed. The patch to remove the <entry> tag is ready:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=338906

But we're waiting until after the SR1 release to incorporate it.

In terms of Test Suite design, you may want to look at the Best Practices section of the User Manual:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node288.html

Regards,
Alex
Re: Running different test suite [message #780723 is a reply to message #725161] Thu, 19 January 2012 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Mising name is currently offline Sascha Mising nameFriend
I dislike this solution Sad

If i would be able to specify multiple TestJobs in the Config File and I check the Config File to the source code.
I would have had a easy overview labeld with the source code which tests are executed.

e.g. we a running continour builds -> Many Builds -> Many Labels -> which testcase was executed with this Build
I would have to create thousands of Jubula Project versions now, which i dislike, as we would have created a new Jubula Version only on a Release Build.

Now we have no possibilty to see in the continous build phase which test cases where executed.
Re: Running different test suite [message #780726 is a reply to message #780723] Thu, 19 January 2012 08:29 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If you did decide to execute single Test Suites with the current setup, then you would need separate config files for the test exec for each Test Suite (I'm fairly sure the config files could be parametrized so you only actually have to enter the Test Suite names you want to be executed). The problem with executing single Test Suites (even if multiple entries were allowed) is that you have to add each name to your test exec to make it be executed - there's more on background on this in this thread.

You could also decide to use Test Jobs (which are made up of individual Test Suites) and perform queries on the test result table in the database to see which individual Test Suites were executed.

Just some suggestions...

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula running on a server
Next Topic:AUT starting in progress
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:27:26 GMT 2024