Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » External execute command
External execute command [message #707134] Mon, 01 August 2011 09:33 Go to next message
Michel Sumbul is currently offline Michel SumbulFriend
Hi,

I m working with Jubula on OpenSusse and I would like during my test, open the konsole and make some command (like ls), get back the result and check it with Jubula if it's the good result.

I think that I must use the "external execute command", but can you give me more informations, like where can I defined the expected result in Jubula?

Mich Mich
Re: External execute command [message #707279 is a reply to message #707134] Mon, 01 August 2011 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

"Execute external command" just checks for the return code, i.e. it checks if the command returns successful. You may add your expected result as data (via a parameter) to a shell script and do the comparison inside the script.

Achim
Re: External execute command [message #707905 is a reply to message #707134] Tue, 02 August 2011 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
For more information on how to use "execute external command" check this link: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node13.html
Regards
Oliver
Re: External execute command [message #735384 is a reply to message #707134] Tue, 11 October 2011 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeant.xaito is currently offline sergeant.xaitoFriend
Hello, I'm trying to execute Sikuli X scripts from Jubula and have tried the external execute command.

I've made a .cmd file which executes Sikuli

java -jar D:\testtools\SikuliX\sikuli-script.jar ..\ckickTest.sikuli

It launches from commandline and does what it's supposed to do.
I've then tried to call the .cmd file from Jubula as described in the link above

I've set the properties on the command like this:
index.php/fa/4224/0/

and get this error when I execute the test:
index.php/fa/4225/0/

Two questions:
- What am I doing wrong?
- Is there a better way to do what I try to do? Wink
Re: External execute command [message #735542 is a reply to message #735384] Wed, 12 October 2011 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hello,

try to insert "D:\\sikuliscripts\\runInSikuli.cmd", this should start the external command.
Regards
Oliver
Re: External execute command [message #735546 is a reply to message #735542] Wed, 12 October 2011 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeant.xaito is currently offline sergeant.xaitoFriend
Thanks, works like a charm. Smile

Re: External execute command [message #740158 is a reply to message #735546] Tue, 18 October 2011 08:11 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The combination of Jubula and Sikuli sounds interesting - have you thought of participating in the "Pimp your Jubula" competition at Eclipse Con Europe?
http://pimpyourjubula.eventbrite.com/

Maybe see you there...

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:can't create new project
Next Topic:Timeout error when starting webapplication Error 408
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:27:41 GMT 2024