Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » [Common Navigator] Problem markers are not shown
[Common Navigator] Problem markers are not shown [message #707050] Mon, 01 August 2011 07:18 Go to next message
Timotei Mising name is currently offline Timotei Mising nameFriend
Hi!
I have a custom common navigator implemented like this: http://pastebin.com/q0P5ybeF

However, when I see problem items in the "Problems" view, and the error markers in the "Projects explorer" I don't see them in my navigator. Is there something I forgot to do? My custom navigator shows the same projects/files as the project explorer.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2011 07:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Common Navigator] Problem markers are not shown [message #714958 is a reply to message #707050] Thu, 11 August 2011 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
Unfortunately the code to update the ProjectExplorer with the decorators for the problems view is actually in JDT. There is no direct support in the CNF for this.

See this bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=264404

Re: [Common Navigator] Problem markers are not shown [message #717234 is a reply to message #714958] Fri, 19 August 2011 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Timotei Mising name is currently offline Timotei Mising nameFriend
Hmm... You are right. jdt.ui is required for those markers.

And I've found it.

I need to add:
            <contentExtension pattern="org.eclipse.jdt.java.ui.javaContent" />

In my navigator's viewerContentBinding includes.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2011 16:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Common Navigator] Problem markers are not shown [message #717238 is a reply to message #717234] Fri, 19 August 2011 16:58 Go to previous message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
Look at the code to see how JDT does it (and look at the documentation for the problem markers) and do it that way for your instance of the CNF, or wait for the bug mentioned above to be fixed (which could be a long wait).

Off the top of my head, I don't know anything about how problem markers work, so that's the best I can offer you.

Previous Topic:Programmatic Setup of Eclipse and plugins
Next Topic:commonFilter doesn't work for me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:40:12 GMT 2024