Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » java stack is not updated when debugging jsf (on glassfish3)
java stack is not updated when debugging jsf (on glassfish3) [message #703980] Thu, 28 July 2011 06:30 Go to next message
Pete MacLiesh is currently offline Pete MacLieshFriend
I have been trying to debug jsf code with eclipse 3.6+wtp, and could get it to halt on a breakpoint ... but then stepping was really frustrating - on F6, nothing updated - i had to click on the stack frame to see where the step had taken it in the source

so i updated to 3.7+wtp today and tried that, and it seems slightly worse. In the attachment note that the "top" frame is selected, but step-in is not enabled. Just before this, I tried doing a step-in ... and nothing updated. I presume that the current frame is now one deeper (which does not match the selection) thus step-in disabled. But i can't see the new frame to select it.

Is this related to using glassfish as a server? or WTP? or what? Do others have the same difficulty debugging jsf+glassfish3?

Hoping to find a workaround

TIA

PMac
  • Attachment: stack.png
    (Size: 31.03KB, Downloaded 443 times)
Re: java stack is not updated when debugging jsf (on glassfish3) [message #704446 is a reply to message #703980] Thu, 28 July 2011 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
Pete,

You may want to post to the WTP JSP forum, as it could get seen by more people. The JSF Tools project does nothing special for debugging, you're taking advantage of JSP debugging capabilities. I, personally, have not witnessed this behaviour, so I can't help you myself. It certainly seems broken, but I have no idea where or why.

- Ian
Re: java stack is not updated when debugging jsf (on glassfish3) [message #704508 is a reply to message #704446] Thu, 28 July 2011 18:03 Go to previous message
Pete MacLiesh is currently offline Pete MacLieshFriend
will do .. thanks

PMac
Previous Topic:Separating Web JSF and Logic modules
Next Topic:No validation of JSF tag attributes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:09:32 GMT 2024