Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Custom Widget Not Displaying When Using(New Custom SWT Widget works when classes are included in new plugin, doesn't work when widget in different plugin)
Custom Widget Not Displaying When Using [message #703540] Wed, 27 July 2011 17:12
Michael is currently offline MichaelFriend
Although I'm not a noobie Java developer, or a noobie Eclipse user, I've only recently gotten into extending Eclipse (btw: I LOVE ECLIPSE!!!!).

I've created a new custom SWT widget for use with several of our plugin projects. The widget displays 2 CCombo boxes and is very specific to the development type (not a general purpose widget). When I place the widget source code into a plugin and test the plugin, the new widget displays just fine. If I move the classes into a plugin that contributes the widget to the workspace and attempt to use the widget from the same plugin (source files are no longer within the test plugin) the widget does not display, and no errors are being thrown (nothing in the Error display).

I've googled and googled to find a solution to why my custom widget isn't being displayed, or contributed, or whatever the terminology is. I've found lots of sites that explain the process of creating a custom widget, yet they all create an application that uses the widget. For my widget, I want it to be available to the workspace so it can be used by any project/class within the workspace. I cannot find clear instructions on accomplishing this.

In my custom widget class, I've exposed the appropriate packages to the widgets and listener/event classes.

Can anyone offer some help, advice or guidance on what I might be doing wrong, or someplace that might better explain what I need to do? If I need to submit any code snippets or references, please let me know what is needed and I'll provide what I can.

Thanks in advance.
Michael
Previous Topic:Problem printing a table
Next Topic:table row height
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:10:59 GMT 2024