Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App
Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #703351] Wed, 27 July 2011 13:37 Go to next message
Leopold Welsch is currently offline Leopold WelschFriend
Hello,

I have downloaded the latest Jubula_setup.exe for Window and installed it. In the about it shows Version 0.9.0 qualifier. (Is this really the latest version to be downloaded? or did I miss something? Shocked )

I started to play around and have the major problem how to specify input-fields. I always get for the 'input value into field 1' a red X in the Test Suite Browser resp. Test Case Browser. I tried the Cheat sheet and failed. Therefore I now tried the sample-project with the SimpleAdder2 and the problem remains. index.php/fa/3490/0/
So, I have no idea, what is wrong with the configuration resp. where to configure it properly. As one could see, in the TC resp. the property-sheet for the test-steps it looks OK. index.php/fa/3491/0/

After I have launched the SimpleAdder, the app starts, but no input is done on the Adder. And that is what I've expected to some inserted text... Can anybody help me?

Additionally, I wanna launch my own app, but wonder (for the first steps) how Input-Fields are selected resp. recognized. In Java itself, they have names. But when using Jubula as standalone-app, how does it recognize which field it should choose?

• Attachment: 27.07.png
    (Size: 20.62KB, Downloaded 651 times)
  • Attachment: 27.07_2.png
    (Size: 10.83KB, Downloaded 600 times)
Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #703369 is a reply to message #703351] Wed, 27 July 2011 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello,

For your first question: Jubula 1.0 is available, and should be downloadable from the Eclipse site: http//www.eclipse.org/jubula/download.php

If that's where you got the setup from, then it should be version 1.0.

The screenshots look a bit strange to me. Normally the red crosses are propagated to the Test Suite and parent Test Cases as well. Perhaps refreshing the project would help.

Otherwise, you can check that all your data and all your object mapping is complete (the red crosses can mean both).

If it's data, it could be that your working language is set to a language for which there is no data, or you actually do have data missing at some level.

If it's object mapping, then you'll need to collect components from the application and map them to component names from your test:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node155.html

Until a Test Suite is complete (i.e. no errors), you cannot start test execution. You'll be able to start the AUT, but you can't start the test until you have a runnable Test Suite.

Information on object recognition and design for testability is in the manual:

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node161.html

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node263.html

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node268.html

Hope this helps!
Alex
Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #703431 is a reply to message #703369] Wed, 27 July 2011 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I resolved little bit my problems after carefully rereading what you have written resp. Cheat-Sheets and detailed review of the GUI.

First of all Thx.

Reg. Version: I have read, there is 1.0.0, but in the About-Dialog it shows 0.9.0. (I have downloaded from the 'Jubula as a standalone application', Windows32-bit).

Reg. Red-cross: I have simply no idea, what I can check. The working-language is set to English, and I guess for the sample-app everything is setup for English. But could it be related with the version, that is already fixed?

Reg. Test-Execution: I just see, where I have failed. I initiated the connection to AUT and launched it. Then the programm launched. And I have expected, that the Tests would execute automatically as well Embarrassed OK, I figured out, that I need to run as well test itself. Is there a video or some powerpoint slides which show the connections between the different Editors/Views/Perspective on base of a simple application (like the Sample-Adder)? I have seen two videos, but they didn't really explain the basics what component is good for what, which step first... The Cheat Sheets are good, but I am requesting more a graphical overview... Very Happy

Thx for the first hints...

Smile

LeO
Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #703498 is a reply to message #703431] Wed, 27 July 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I have just checked the version number in the standalone, and it is indeed wrong. I'll put a ticket into the system.

Without looking specifically at your project (which is something not suited to the forum), I can't say what the problem is. The only hint I can give you is to check what the problems view / the tooltips are saying for the errors and see if you've definitely not forgotten something. If you think you've forgotten nothing and that something is wrong, then you can enter a bug - please add as much information (logs, version, database, project etc etc) as possible.

The Jubula webinar: http://live.eclipse.org/node/1031
gives an overview of the way the tool works. Apart from that, if you've exhausted cheat sheets and user manual, then we can certainly talk about training sessions or support.

Kind regards,
Alex

Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #704037 is a reply to message #703498] Thu, 28 July 2011 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thanx for the hints.

I am getting little bit confused with your statement

Quote:
Without looking specifically at your project (which is something not suited to the forum)

I understand, that the intention of this forum is a generic one and should fulfill multiple purposes. And a specific one point-view for a particular problem is something about specific assistance. This I understand.

What I do not understand, is that I am talking about the sample-application delivered with Jubula. So, it is not something I have created by myself. It is the project as it is delivered, out of the box. And therefore I am confused, why the out-of-the-box has problems. I would have expected that the default app + the delivered sample tests would work without problems...

But anyway, I'll see it as 'I can live with it, and seems not to harm the functionality'.... Something as a cosmetical issue, I do not really mind, although I do not understand.

So, I don't wanna start here a discussion, what should work, what is expected, etc. I just wanna share my views and PLEASE no guilt-discussion Very Happy . I am happy, that Jubula is somehow working and that's it. I need to inspect more closely, what is offered and what not....

Thx

LeO
Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #704149 is a reply to message #704037] Thu, 28 July 2011 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I have an update from a meeting this morning: It would appear that the decoration on the Test Steps is indeed a display error. As far as I can tell from the example this morning, the Test Suites are actually complete and the red crosses on the Test Steps are just a cosmetic issue, as you said (we were also looking at the Samples project). I had been assuming that your tests were not executable (which is usually what the red crosses mean) and had misunderstood that the problem really was just in the display. We'll be entering a bug report for the issue.

Kind regards,
Alex

Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #704204 is a reply to message #704149] Thu, 28 July 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanx for your very promising response + the perspective of a progress in Jubula Razz

LeO
Re: Newbie - Input-Field with Sample-App [message #704273 is a reply to message #704204] Thu, 28 July 2011 12:51 Go to previous message
It turns out that the bug for the decoration was already known. Here is the link:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=340680
Previous Topic:Adding Event Handlers
Next Topic:Obeservation mode assigned Tree Node Textpath cannot be reused
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:29:42 GMT 2024