Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » JvmIdentifiableElement in XBase(JvmIdentifiableElement cannot be resolved depending on Java Version)
JvmIdentifiableElement in XBase [message #702066] Mon, 25 July 2011 23:13 Go to next message
Jan Ortmann is currently offline Jan OrtmannFriend
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with XBase under Java 1.6. While everything works fine for Java 5, once I set my project properties to Java 6 I get a strange behavior for my grammar.
Running the DomainModel Example-Project from scratch for example, I get an error in every expression with a binary operator that states "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmIdentifiableElement" when I use Java 6. With Java 5 on the other hand everything works fine.
Since both versions work with XTend2, it looks like an error on my side, yet I couldn't find any solution.
I'd greatly appreciate any hint. In case this issue remains, would it be possible to have my own resolver for JvmIdentifiableElement (e.g. via Scoping)?

Thank you in advance.
Kind Regards,

Jan

PS: I compiled the code using Java 6 on Mac OS 10.6.
Re: JvmIdentifiableElement in XBase [message #702086 is a reply to message #702066] Tue, 26 July 2011 00:15 Go to previous message
Jan Ortmann is currently offline Jan OrtmannFriend
Update:
Hi everybody,

sorry for posting this issue a little too early. It turns out, it is not the Java-Version but rather a missing dependency.
Am I right, that every XBase-Project needs to include the bundle 'org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib' in order for its grammar to work properly. Is there any way to avoid this? I would like to use XBase without generating Java-Code. I understand that this can be done by reimplementing the Type and Scope-Handlers as well as the generator classes. This would leave me with the library dependency in order for my project to work, wouldn't it? Can remove that as well without rewriting the grammar?

Kind regards,

Jan
Previous Topic:CustomScopingFragment in Xtext 1.0 and Maven Build
Next Topic:Extending/customizing an X-Text generated editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:28:57 GMT 2024