Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo(Installation and Functionality Problems)
Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #701760] Mon, 25 July 2011 14:48 Go to next message
Eric Kolotyluk is currently offline Eric KolotylukFriend
I downloaded a fresh copy of Eclipse for Java Indigo. It seems to have built in support for m2e, but I cannot get it to do anything useful. I can open my pom.xml files in the editor, but that's about all. There appears to be no m2e integration into any of the eclipse menus - for example there is no way to run any maven processes.

Am I missing something simple somewhere, or is m2e in Indigo really broken?

Cheers, Eric
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #701884 is a reply to message #701760] Mon, 25 July 2011 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maldonado  is currently offline Maldonado Friend
Having same issues.. Upgraded to Indigo.. the context menu didn't show maven or "Run as" maven options until i did a Configure -> Convert to maven project.. But now the "Run As -> Maven package" option does not show up. How can i get that to show up?
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #702057 is a reply to message #701884] Mon, 25 July 2011 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
expressoCoder is currently offline expressoCoderFriend
Assuming this is not a pre-exisiting project that did not use the older m2eclipse plugin, follow instructions below. Older m2eclipse projects have stale stuff sitting around in .classpath, .project and .settings folder which need to be removed.

First open the Maven Console:
Choose the menu Window > Show View > Console.
In the upper right hand corner of the Console, there are a bunch of icons.
Find the Open Console icon, and from the drop down menu, select Maven Console.

Now right click on your project and choose:
* Maven > Update Project Configuration
* Maven > Update Dependencies

And see what error messages are being shown in the Maven Console.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2011 22:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #702072 is a reply to message #702057] Mon, 25 July 2011 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Window > Show View > Console responds with "no consoles to display at this time"

Cheers, Eric
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #702078 is a reply to message #702072] Mon, 25 July 2011 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I made some more progress. If you right click on your projects and select Configure > Convert to Maven Project, that seems to repair things.

Cheers, Eric
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #713693 is a reply to message #701760] Mon, 08 August 2011 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Ames is currently offline Tim AmesFriend
I tried all of the suggestions includin the Update Project Configuration, and most things are working except:

Run as Maven Package is missing.

There are no errors in the Maven Console. This did show up in 3.6. Any suggestions?
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #714077 is a reply to message #713693] Tue, 09 August 2011 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did create a Bug report for the Run As Maven package issue. It is 354289
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #714103 is a reply to message #714077] Tue, 09 August 2011 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All Run As Maven xxxx options will be removed except for build...

--- Comment #1 from Igor Fedorenko <igor@ifedorenko.com> 2011-08-09 14:55:56 EDT --- FYI, we plan to get rid of all static RunAs->MavenNNN entries except Build...
but introduce history of most recently executed maven builds. There are no plans to (re)introduce additional static RunAs->MavenNNN entries.
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #725548 is a reply to message #714103] Thu, 15 September 2011 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Kiselev is currently offline Eugene KiselevFriend
Hello colleagues.
It seems my M2E doesn't work with Indigo J2EE as well.
Here is what I'm doing step-by-step:
1. File -> Import -> Check out Maven Projects from SCM or Existing Maven Project checked out before
2. Show it the path -> It finds only one pom file - the global one. All the other poms which are located in subdirectories aren't found but I think this is expected.
3. It imports project but there is only JRE env on the BuildPath screen so all my sources are highlighted in red as there are no any libraries in the classpath.
4. I right click on the project and choose Maven -> Update Project Configuration and after that Update Dependencies.
5. It downloads jars into repository and doesn't update the BuildPath so I still have the compilation errors.
6. Adding the M2_REPO variable to the BuildPath doesn't help of course as it's pointing on the repository root and eclipse doesn't collect the information about all those jars hidden inside repository.
7. I stuck here

Also I tried to run the mvn eclipse:eclipse but it doesn't update the .classpath.
I had to create the shell script which runs through the repository and extracts all the jar paths and updates the .classpath file. But this is ridiculous as in this case I don't need the m2e plugin at all Smile

The maven version installed in my system is 2.2.1.

Same project imported into IntellijIdea CE has no issues. All dependencies are resolved there and code is compiled well.

I still struggling to make it working in Eclipse before migrating to Idea if this is hopeless.

Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2011 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #725904 is a reply to message #701760] Fri, 16 September 2011 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Kiselev is currently offline Eugene KiselevFriend
Ah Sorry , I have solved this simply by adding the
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER"/> line
manually into the .classpath file.
I just wonder why M2E doesn't do this automatically?
Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #729774 is a reply to message #725904] Tue, 27 September 2011 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom  is currently offline Tom Friend
I just went through approximately the same thing - I had a project running fine under Galileo, moved to Indigo and installed the new M2E plugin, and KABOOM nothing worked.

Looks right now, like the problem was that M2E did not update any of the .classpath and .project entries, which still contained references to the "old" org.maven.ide.XXXX Maven tool packages as well as the "new" org.eclipse.m2e packages.

Sure would be nice if this was done automatically when the new plugin was installed, or if it was at least documented somewhere... "Holy wasted week, Batman..."

Re: Can't seem to get M2E to work properly in Indigo [message #730218 is a reply to message #729774] Tue, 27 September 2011 22:55 Go to previous message
Tom  is currently offline Tom Friend
Suggestion if you are still having trouble: Delete all your projects from your eclipse workspace, delete the .classpath, .project, and everything in the .settings folder, and re-add them as new Maven projects. Going through that process solved a world of problems for me!
Previous Topic:Cant get Maven working in Indigo on a Mac
Next Topic:File is out of sync problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:49:42 GMT 2024