Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Node Property Attributes not showing(GMF Node Properties)
Node Property Attributes not showing [message #701534] Mon, 25 July 2011 08:27 Go to next message
Stu Plu is currently offline Stu PluFriend
Im hoping this is an easy one but Im struggling to find a solution.

I have a node that is a child to another node but the Attributes are not shown in the properties view on runtime.

I have another Child node on a different partent node and there is no issue.

I can't seem to find why the properties are not showing on the first Partent-Child node.

In both cases the parent node properties are displayed fine.

What dictates what properties are shown in the property view ?
Re: Node Property Attributes not showing [message #704105 is a reply to message #701534] Thu, 28 July 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valerian Merkling is currently offline Valerian MerklingFriend
I had the same problem a few time, and it was because i added the attribute after the diagram generation. I had to reload the .genmodel, regenerate model and edit, and regenerate the diagram code.

It also seems that when A contains 0..* B, and the node A on your diagram has a compartment you can fill with some B, the property is not visible in the properties view.

I'm not sure i helped, that's all I know on the subject ^^
Re: Node Property Attributes not showing [message #706857 is a reply to message #704105] Mon, 01 August 2011 00:45 Go to previous message
Stu Plu is currently offline Stu PluFriend
Sadly I revolved this by going back a few version and starting again applying changes. Which I guess is similar to what you did above.

GMF Number 1 Hint: "Commit your changes often often and very often" Smile
Previous Topic:Node and link editing
Next Topic:the keyboard randomly stop responding in gmf application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:53:41 GMT 2024