Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Question about Java intra-project build order(Is there a script that logs in what order the Java files are built?)
Question about Java intra-project build order [message #701229] Sun, 24 July 2011 21:13 Go to next message
John Mising name is currently offline John Mising nameFriend
Hi.

Eclipse is doing a great job with the projects I import into it for managing/building. It builds them immediately and, of course it can keep many projects up-to-date, and build the projects in default order or the order you choose. It works great!

My question concerns the actual build order of an individual project. Is there any well to tell how Eclipse does it's build, ie. how it resolves circular references, does iterative builds etc.. Is there a log of each build?

Just curious if there is any way to tell exactly how the files are built?
Thanks.
Re: Question about Java intra-project build order [message #984418 is a reply to message #701229] Wed, 14 November 2012 17:30 Go to previous message
John Mising name is currently offline John Mising nameFriend
Hi, this thread can be closed as my question was precipitated by a stupid command-line build I did where I was in the wrong directory, and I got strange build results. The build was acting as if the order of files mattered or something. Anything can happen if you try to build a package in the wrong manner - wooh! I fixed the build problem.

Later on.
Previous Topic:[text] actionSetPartAssociations deprecated -> how to replace this with commands?
Next Topic:Juno 3.8 - Invalid property category path: ValidationPropertiesPage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:52:05 GMT 2024