Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled(SpringSource Bundle Dependency Ploblem)
Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled [message #701015] Sun, 24 July 2011 12:46 Go to next message
xmuysa is currently offline xmuysaFriend
Hi,
I have created two bundle projects,one is com.xxx.domain and the other is com.xxx.dao.I export the package of com.xxx.domain,then import package in com.xxx.dao,but something has gone wrong with manifest.mf:

In the Marker page:
Description:Import-Bundle: com.xxx.domain [1.0.0, 1.0.0] could not be resolved
On element:manifest.mf
In folder:com.xxx.dao/src/main/resources/META-INF

IDE:STS 2.7.1
Server:virgo web server

Where is the issue?

Don,
Yang
Re: Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled [message #701479 is a reply to message #701015] Mon, 25 July 2011 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Can you please post the two manifests here?

Is the problem reproducible only via the IDE? Have you tried dropping the bundles in Virgo's pickup directory?
Re: Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled [message #705411 is a reply to message #701479] Fri, 29 July 2011 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
Sounds like the bug I raised:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353445
Re: Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled [message #716698 is a reply to message #701015] Thu, 18 August 2011 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxim  is currently offline Maxim Friend
Hi everyone,
I have exactly the same problem with my test application. I use Eclipse Indigo and the latest version of the Virgo Tooling Plug-in. In my workspace I have two projects. One is a normal "Bundle Project". The other is a "Dynamic Web Project". The web bundle needs to access a service from the other bundle. Therefore my Manifest files look like that:

Bundle exporting a service:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Export-Package: ch.xxx.dataintegration
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Tool: Bundlor 1.1.0.BUILD-20101220120024
Bundle-Name: Dataintegration
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: ch.xxx.dataintegration
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Import-Library: org.springframework.spring;version="[3.0.5.RELEASE,3.0.5.RELEASE]"
Import-Bundle: org.springframework.integration;version="[2.0.4.RELEASE,2.0.4.RELEASE]"

Web Bundle using the service:
Tool: Bundlor 1.1.0.BUILD-20101220120024
Bundle-Name: Dataintegration.Web
Bundle-SymbolicName: ch.xxx.dataintegration.web
Bundle-ClassPath: WEB-INF/classes
Import-Library: org.springframework.spring;version="[3.0.5.RELEASE,3.0.5.RELEASE]"
Import-Bundle: javax.servlet;version="[3.0.0.v201103241009,3.0.0.v201103241009]"
Web-ContextPath: xxx
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Import-Package: ch.xxx.dataintegration

I am pretty sure that this configuration is fine. When I deploy both projects in Virgo 3.0 RC1 everything works like expected.

The problem is that within Eclipse I see an error. The manifest of the web project is marked as faulty. The error is:
Import-Package: ch.xxx.dataintegration[0.0.0, oo) could not be resolved

I assume that this is a Virgo Tooling problem, because the project runs fine when I deploy it into Virgo. I also think that it has nothing to do with the bug or problem posted in the previous post.

Another unclear point is: Within Eclipse I added a project dependency (Project Properties > Java Build Path > Projects) so I see no compile errors in the dependent project. Is this necessary or should the Virgo Tooling Plug-in manage this automatically?

Is this a bug in Virgo Tooling or did I configured something not correctly? Hope you can help me.

Kind regards
Maxim
Re: Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled [message #901365 is a reply to message #701015] Sat, 11 August 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sharier is currently offline James SharierFriend
Hi, I'm running into the same issue.

I'm using STS-2.9.2.RELEASE with Virgo Tooling http://download.eclipse.org/virgo/milestone/tooling and Virgo 3.5.0.RELEASE.

I create two projects using the Virgo -> Bundle Project Wizard.

Here is my exporting MANIFEST.MF

Bundle-Name: HelloWorld
Bundle-Description: JAVAWORLD
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.javaworld.sample.HelloWorld
Bundle-Activator: com.javaworld.sample.HelloWorld.Activator
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework;version="[1.7.0,1.7.0]"
Export-Package: com.javaworld.sample.HelloWorld

Here is my importing MANIFEST.MF

Bundle-Name: HelloWorldSpring
Bundle-SymbolicName: HelloWorldSpring
Import-Package: com.javaworld.sample.HelloWorld,
org.osgi.framework;version="[1.7.0,1.7.0]"

As soon as I add the dependency Eclipse gives me this error.

Import-Package: com.javaworld.sample.HelloWorld [0.0.0, oo) could not be resolved MANIFEST.MF /HelloWorldSpring/src/META-INF line 6 Virgo Bundle Dependency Problem

I also tried adding the project containing the "com.javaworld.sample.HelloWorld" package via Project Properties -> Java Build Path -> Projects. Doing so allows me to access the classes within Eclipse without error but I still see the Import-Package error.

I tried to run both bundles in Virgo by using Run As -> Run on Server.

I noticed the bundle with the dependency (HelloWorldSpring) was started before the HelloWorld Bundle which was unexpected. I thought Virgo was supposed to determine the dependencies and launch the bundles in order?

Next I started Virgo within Eclipse with just the HelloWorld bundle and everything started. Then I ran the HelloWorldSpring bundle using Run As -> Run on Server and that successfully ran too.

Am I doing something wrong in Eclipse to cause the Import-Package error? Or is this a tool bug?
While developing do I need to manually deploy bundles in the proper order?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Bundle Error:Import-package:xxxx can not be resovled [message #1433120 is a reply to message #701015] Sun, 28 September 2014 07:58 Go to previous message
wang chuanyin is currently offline wang chuanyinFriend
Sad
This problem, it was resolved yet???
Previous Topic:Bundlor and 'static resources'
Next Topic:Support for Spring 4.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:13:09 GMT 2024