Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Building Eclipse From Source (Errors starting with: The installable unit org.eclipse.sdk.ide has not been found. )
Building Eclipse From Source [message #699747] Fri, 22 July 2011 08:44
senka is currently offline senkaFriend
Hello,

I hope I can get advice from more experienced users of Eclipse build system on how to rebuild Eclipse from scratch.

I need to instrument nightly builds that include rebuilding Eclipse Classic 3.6.2 from source and without any file fetching from the internet (no CVS access).

I have followed instructions from the link wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng-sourcebuild35 and downloaded source tarrball eclipse-sourceBuild-srcIncluded-3.6.2.zip to build the target:

./build -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

At first two attempts build fails as it cannot find org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv_3.6.2.r362_v20101117-0800 and org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv. Restarting build ignores these errors somehow and rebuilds all plugins.

At the end of the process I get errors staring with:
The installable unit org.eclipse.sdk.ide has not been found.(I have attached full log of run.director task)

At the end of the process I ended up with 1.3kB archive containing two p2 folders (as in the log).

I am looking either to get some advice on what I could be doing wrong in the releng build process or for an alternative way of rebuilding eclipse from source.

My environment: CentOS 5, using java version: j2sdk1.4.2_19 jdk1.5.0_22 jdk1.6.0_23, as per instructions).

Many thanks,
Senka
Previous Topic:What eclipse API can be used to retrieve the Tab object of a ViewPart
Next Topic:How to change the caption of a button in the eclipse main toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:11:18 GMT 2024