Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites(PDE build with p2)
How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites [message #699303] Thu, 21 July 2011 10:01 Go to next message
George Wang is currently offline George WangFriend

when we integrate pde build with p2, how can we discovery and download all the dependencies from remote repositories.
Re: How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites [message #701382 is a reply to message #699303] Mon, 25 July 2011 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have a feature project need to build. It depends on some other features or plugins from remote site. How can I use p2 to download all these dependencies to a local folder with command line.
I don't know exactly which repository contains the needed feature. For example, my project need feature A and B,and there are 3 remote repositories R1,R2,R3. I only know A or B can be fined from one of R1,R2,R3, and I need to use p2 to search A and B from all there 3 repositories and download them.

Any one can help?
Re: How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites [message #701575 is a reply to message #701382] Mon, 25 July 2011 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
If you define the dependencies between the features in your feature.xml (<import 'feature id' />), you don't have to care about the repository. p2 only needs to know the URL to the enabled repository.
Re: How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites [message #701583 is a reply to message #701575] Mon, 25 July 2011 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes.I know the enabled URL and I have feature.xml, how do I let p2 to download those dependencies.
Re: How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites [message #701754 is a reply to message #701583] Mon, 25 July 2011 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
In the 'Install New Software...' Dialog, there are 4 checkboxes.
If the last checkbox 'Contact all update sites during ...' is checked, nothing more to be done. p2 contacts all sites.
Re: How can I download all the dependencies form remote sites [message #701763 is a reply to message #701754] Mon, 25 July 2011 14:56 Go to previous message

But I need to get them downloaded to a certain folder using command line rather than "Install new ..."
Previous Topic:Launching Java code defined within a plug-in
Next Topic:Quotes stripped from launching arguments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:47:44 GMT 2024