Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How can I download all the dependencies with p2(p2 dependencies management)
How can I download all the dependencies with p2 [message #699300] Thu, 21 July 2011 09:55 Go to next message
George Wang is currently offline George WangFriend

Now I have a feature project which dependent on some other features on the remote site(those site support p2). How can I use p2 to download all the dependencies from remote site?
Re: How can I download all the dependencies with p2 [message #699347 is a reply to message #699300] Thu, 21 July 2011 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Download them to where? You can use Help>Install New Software to add them to your install. You can use File>New>Other...>Target Definition to create a PDE Target Definition. You can add your eclipse install, and p2 software sites, to create a definition you can compile against.

You can also use p2 mirror to simply make the p2 repo local.

PW

Re: How can I download all the dependencies with p2 [message #699420 is a reply to message #699347] Thu, 21 July 2011 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry. My question is not clear.
I mean I have a feature project need to build. It depends on some other features or plugins from remote site. How can I use p2 to download all these dependencies to a local folder with command line.
Re: How can I download all the dependencies with p2 [message #699450 is a reply to message #699420] Thu, 21 July 2011 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

As part of your customTargets.xml, you can use p2.mirror ant task to mirror p2 repos into your repoBaseLocation (which is then converted and used in your build).

See the postSetup target in http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/e4/releng/org.eclipse.e4.builder/builder/general/customTargets.xml?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain

PW

Re: How can I download all the dependencies with p2 [message #699649 is a reply to message #699450] Fri, 22 July 2011 02:12 Go to previous message

p2.mirror need to know ius' id. But I don't know exactly which repository contains the needed feature. For example, my project need feature A and B,and there are 3 remote repositories R1,R2,R3. I only know A or B can be fined from one of R1,R2,R3, and I need to use p2 to search A and B from all there 3 repositories and download them.
Previous Topic:Using P2 to specify platform specific JVM paths
Next Topic:Can p2 install feature with version range?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:02:39 GMT 2024