Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » [solved] Table test
[solved] Table test [message #698941] Wed, 20 July 2011 14:23 Go to next message
Michel LAURENT is currently offline Michel LAURENTFriend
Hello,

I would like to click on the tird colomn of a table because I have a checkbox in this colomn and I would like to change an option in my test. If I specify the cell with (2,3) it works fine (select the second line, third colomn) but I can't specify the exact cell position because I need to search for it ...

If I use selectValue from Row / Column, it works fine but in this case, I will select the table row and not the specific cell I need.

index.php/fa/3411/0/
Any idea of how to do this : I need to change the Type (3rd column) from End-Start
to Start-Start using the checkbox included in this cell but I need to select it specifying the ID element ...

Thanks for your help,

Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2011 07:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Table test [message #698960 is a reply to message #698941] Wed, 20 July 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Michel,

Normally, using select value from row / column would be the correct way (you select *the cell containing the value* in the defined row or column).

However, in your case the values are not unique. In cases like this, your best bet is to make a module that does something like:

- Select value from column: use this module to select a cell in the same row, based on a value that is unique. In your picture, it could be e.g. the Task Name or the ID.
- Move: The move action lets you define how many cells, in which direction, and how many clicks should be performed when you get to the specified cell.

By combining the select actions with move actions, you can usually write nice flexible modules that will get you to the place you need to be, even in dynamic tables.

Cheers,
Alex
Re: Table test [message #699721 is a reply to message #698960] Fri, 22 July 2011 07:38 Go to previous message
Michel LAURENT is currently offline Michel LAURENTFriend
Thank you very much Alex for your fast reply.

This is the right way to do it and it works great ! I didn't realize there was a move feature for table and tree table.
Previous Topic:Jubula plug-in for eclipse
Next Topic:Object Mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:29:37 GMT 2024