Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » how to set properties for every node?
how to set properties for every node? [message #698715] Wed, 20 July 2011 04:47 Go to next message
Iqbal Hossain is currently offline Iqbal HossainFriend
Hi everyone,
I have created a some sort of class diagram where i have 4 nodes. for each node i want to set some properties like: type, time,period,quantity etc etc. Is there any way to do this?
i put a picture about the nodes.
index.php/fa/3401/0/
  • Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 21.61KB, Downloaded 414 times)
Re: how to set properties for every node? [message #698742 is a reply to message #698715] Wed, 20 July 2011 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

you can do this in the properties view when modelling. What is you excat need? Do you want to setup the node on creation?

Ralph
Re: how to set properties for every node? [message #698750 is a reply to message #698715] Wed, 20 July 2011 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

to initialize some properties you can use "Feature Seq Initializer".

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: how to set properties for every node? [message #698779 is a reply to message #698750] Wed, 20 July 2011 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i do not get what is Feature Seq Initializer?
Re: how to set properties for every node? [message #698785 is a reply to message #698742] Wed, 20 July 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i want to set some properties in the editor. after running the program when i create a node there will be some attribute.when i click on the node, one box will show up and ask for the values of the attributes. I dont know wheather i can explain the scenaro..... Confused
Re: how to set properties for every node? [message #701164 is a reply to message #698785] Sun, 24 July 2011 18:44 Go to previous message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

ok feature seq initailizer is used to create automatically node with specific values for attributes.

I never do your scenario. It leans that each time soemone will create a new element from th epalette, it will pop a dialog to ask him which value he wants. Why don't initialize it with some values with Feature Seq Initializer and then let him edit them if he wants in Property view?

But for your use case, I Think that you should look at getCreateCommand of the CreationEditPolicy.

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Previous Topic:gmf:GenerateDiagramCode
Next Topic:One Shared Editing Domain for each data model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:13:54 GMT 2024