Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically
How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #698676] Wed, 20 July 2011 00:10 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
For testing purposes, I need to be able to open a Papyrus editor programmatically. But the usual approach doesn't work. For:

UmlGmfDiagramEditor ed = (UmlGmfDiagramEditor) page.openEditor(input, "org.eclipse.papyrus.core.papyrusEditor");

I get:

Caused by: org.eclipse.papyrus.core.extension.NotFoundException: No ContentOutline registered.
at org.eclipse.papyrus.core.contentoutline.ContentOutlineRegistry.getContentOutlineDescriptor(ContentOutlineRegistry.java:98)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.core.contentoutline.ContentOutlineRegistry.createContentOutline(ContentOutlineRegistry.java:112)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.core.contentoutline.ContentOutlineRegistry.getContentOutline(ContentOutlineRegistry.java:72)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.core.editor.CoreMultiDiagramEditor.getAdapter(CoreMultiDiagramEditor.java:363)
... 74 more

How should I accomplish this?

thanks,

Miles
Re: How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #699332 is a reply to message #698676] Thu, 21 July 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Dumoulin is currently offline Cedric DumoulinFriend
Hi,

Sound like a bug. Can you report it in Bugzilla ?

When starting, Papyrus check if there is some registered
contentOutline. If one or more are found, Papyrus takes the one with the
highest priority. If none is found, Papyrus should fails silently. This
seem to be not the case.
As a workaround, you can try to add the simplest contentoutline
(plugins/other/org.eclipse.papyrus.outline) plugins in your test
environement.

Hope this help,
Cedric

Miles Parker a écrit :
> For testing purposes, I need to be able to open a Papyrus editor
> programmatically. But the usual approach doesn't work. For:
>
> UmlGmfDiagramEditor ed = (UmlGmfDiagramEditor) page.openEditor(input,
> "org.eclipse.papyrus.core.papyrusEditor");
>
> I get:
>
>
> Caused by: org.eclipse.papyrus.core.extension.NotFoundException: No
> ContentOutline registered.
> at
> org.eclipse.papyrus.core.contentoutline.ContentOutlineRegistry.getContentOutlineDescriptor(ContentOutlineRegistry.java:98)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.papyrus.core.contentoutline.ContentOutlineRegistry.createContentOutline(ContentOutlineRegistry.java:112)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.papyrus.core.contentoutline.ContentOutlineRegistry.getContentOutline(ContentOutlineRegistry.java:72)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.papyrus.core.editor.CoreMultiDiagramEditor.getAdapter(CoreMultiDiagramEditor.java:363)
>
> ... 74 more
>
> How should I accomplish this?
>
> thanks,
>
> Miles
Re: How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #699528 is a reply to message #699332] Thu, 21 July 2011 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Dumoulin wrote on Thu, 21 July 2011 07:27
Hi,

Sound like a bug. Can you report it in Bugzilla ?

I think I may have simply screwed something up in my testing setup initialization for Papyrus. It's working now. Smile I'll file a bug if I see it again.
Re: How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #704686 is a reply to message #699528] Fri, 29 July 2011 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353375.
Re: How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #977722 is a reply to message #704686] Fri, 09 November 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beatus Ding is currently offline Beatus DingFriend
Excuse me,how did you solve this problem?I met the same problem with you,when I use "org.eclipse.papyrus.core.papyrusEditor" as the EditorID of openEditor,then I get:
org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.papyrus.core.papyrusEditor
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:601)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1245)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1198)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.presentationSelectionChanged(PartStack.java:834)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.access$1(PartStack.java:823)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack$1.selectPart(PartStack.java:137)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation$1.handleEvent(TabbedStackPresentation.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:269)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:278)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.defaultpresentation.DefaultTabFolder.access$1(DefaultTabFolder.java:1)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.defaultpresentation.DefaultTabFolder$2.handleEvent(DefaultTabFolder.java:88)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

thanks a lot~
Re: How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #977929 is a reply to message #977722] Fri, 09 November 2012 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this might be a different issue. See bug re: that content outline issue, and then I'd recommend tracing through with debugger.
Re: How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically [message #978658 is a reply to message #977929] Sat, 10 November 2012 07:44 Go to previous message
Beatus Ding is currently offline Beatus DingFriend
so sorry to mis-paste error information,the real error as follows:
org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: Unable to open editor, unknown editor ID: org.eclipse.papyrus.core.papyrusEditor
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3025)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$22(WorkbenchPage.java:3003)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$8.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2985)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2981)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2940)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2931)
	at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:751)
	at unfinishedplugin.actions.SampleAction.openEditor(SampleAction.java:195)
	at unfinishedplugin.actions.SampleAction.run(SampleAction.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1029)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:923)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

I think it's the same with you~and the bug you posted doesn't exist,so can you tell how you solved the problem,thanks~
Previous Topic:How do I create the SysML "allocated from" attribute in a block
Next Topic:How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:38:03 GMT 2024