Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Headless buckminster and script file
Headless buckminster and script file [message #698040] Mon, 18 July 2011 16:48 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
I run headless Buckminster, passing in multiple commands via a script file (buckminster --scriptfile <filename>), but sometimes it stops before all lines in the file have been processed, even though previous commands seem to have completed ok.

At least, that's how it appears to me - I'm still trying to get a handle on exactly what I'm seeing. Has anyone else noticed this type of behaviour?

Thanks
Re: Headless buckminster and script file [message #698448 is a reply to message #698040] Tue, 19 July 2011 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Have not seen this reported before...
Sorry.
- henrik

On 7/18/11 6:48 PM, Matthew Webber wrote:
> I run headless Buckminster, passing in multiple commands via a script
> file (buckminster --scriptfile <filename>), but sometimes it stops
> before all lines in the file have been processed, even though previous
> commands seem to have completed ok.
>
> At least, that's how it appears to me - I'm still trying to get a handle
> on exactly what I'm seeing. Has anyone else noticed this type of behaviour?
>
> Thanks
>
Re: Headless buckminster and script file [message #702588 is a reply to message #698448] Tue, 26 July 2011 14:46 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
On further investigation, it appears that Buckminster Headless did process all the commands in the script file. However, I was mislead because the output was out of order (or duplicated).

The script file has these commands:
build
perform -Dtarget.os=linux -Dtarget.ws=gtk -Dtarget.arch=x86 -Diu=uk.ac.diamond.scisoft uk.ac.gda.beamline.i13j.site#create.product

What mislead me in the stdout was a number of "Warning: <path>: line nnn, message" compilation warnings. These of course are the result of the build command, but appeared in the output after the perform command, which made me think (incorrectly) that the perform had not been done.

This was running under Jenkins, and I suspect that Jenkins has got the output out-of-order, and there is no Buckminster error.

Matthew
(Adding the explanation for the benefit of future searches).
Previous Topic:Dynamic branchToTag in cquery
Next Topic:p2 site creation fails with &quot;No component named com.jcraft.jsch:osgi.bundle is known to Buc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:50:19 GMT 2024