Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Build path,Demploye Assembly and project refrences???(what's the difference betweeen all of them?)
icon5.gif  Build path,Demploye Assembly and project refrences??? [message #697808] Mon, 18 July 2011 05:42 Go to next message
elhanan Maayan is currently offline elhanan MaayanFriend
hi..
i've reached a conclusion that from the references and pointers in the project properties dialog, something must be redudent.

currently in eclipse i see (at least) 3 pages for refrenecing other projects

build path
deployement assembly
project references

is there any reason any of them should contain different or less references then the other?

and if that's not enough you have export settings in build order (the build order itself, if re-orgenize the order how will that effect references to other pages?)
Re: Build path,Demploye Assembly and project refrences??? [message #702173 is a reply to message #697808] Tue, 26 July 2011 04:01 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

They're similar, but I'm not sure redundant is the right term. The project references helps control the order in which your projects are built. This can be important when you've Cleaned your entire workspace. The Java Build Path controls what your Java Servlets, JSPs, and other Java-related artifacts are compiled against. The Deployment Assembly page controls what's sent packaged into your web application when you run it from within Eclipse. Sometimes you don't want that to equate to everything that was on your Java Build Path.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Javascript changes in IE9
Next Topic:WTP doesn't recognize server start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:38:27 GMT 2024