Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » change initialArtifacts property via command line
change initialArtifacts property via command line [message #697611] Sun, 17 July 2011 12:04 Go to next message
Jacob Hameiri is currently offline Jacob HameiriFriend
Is it possible to change the initialArtifacts property via command line, perhaps by using system properties ?
Re: change initialArtifacts property via command line [message #697922 is a reply to message #697611] Mon, 18 July 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I don't think so. Perhaps you would care to raise an enhancement bugzilla as that sounds like a useful facility.
Re: change initialArtifacts property via command line [message #697966 is a reply to message #697922] Mon, 18 July 2011 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob Hameiri is currently offline Jacob HameiriFriend
Thanks, instead is it possible to set the deployment order of the bundles/plans that are picked up from the pickup folder ?
Re: change initialArtifacts property via command line [message #698457 is a reply to message #697966] Tue, 19 July 2011 14:09 Go to previous message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
I have a strong believe that you can extend initialArtifacts with command line arguments. Looking at the the Launcher and ArgumentParser - all arguments that are not -F, -B, -config will be pushed into "unrecognized" bucket and should be picked up by the kernel config code in org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.config.internal.commandline.CommandLinePropertiesSource. Those properties are later parsed and appended to the initialArtifacts user region property and used to bootstrap user region.

Places to look:
CommandLinePropertiesSource and its tests in org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core project.
and
org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.Activator

I have not done it - but you could try to start virgo with following command:

./startup.sh -plan,org.plan.name,versionId -plan,plan.name.2,versionId2

i.e.
./startup.sh -plan,foo -plan,bar,1.2.3

Regards,
Dmitry
Previous Topic:Put yourself on the OSGi map
Next Topic:OSGi vs Maven version numbers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:23:04 GMT 2024