Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Linking to Help Content from Cheat Sheet(Links become invalid when the port changes.)
Linking to Help Content from Cheat Sheet [message #697157] Fri, 15 July 2011 17:01 Go to next message
Rich Payton is currently offline Rich PaytonFriend
As I create Cheat Sheets I try to link to the related help content whenever possible.

The way I retrieve the Help Content link is by:
1. Navigating to the Help page
2. Hovering over the link in the TOC
3. Copying the link

I then paste this link into the Cheat Sheet Editor in the Help area after choosing the type to be "Help Document Link".

There is a problem though the next time I launch Eclipse; the port has changed. Here is an example of the link I copied:

http://127.0.0.1:59185/help/topic/com.tsccos.rwb.vstrp.reference/doc/milestone/7/MS7-Section8.pdf

Is there a permanent link?

If I use the Content ID instead will I avoid this problem?

Can I insert the port variable into the Cheat Sheet so that the link will change to have the currently active port?

Is this problem a result of having a pdf file as the help document?
Re: Linking to Help Content from Cheat Sheet [message #698170 is a reply to message #697157] Mon, 18 July 2011 23:23 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
You don't need to use a full http address as the link, if you replace your href with "/com.tsccos.rwb.vstrp.reference/doc/milestone/7/MS7-Section8.pdf" it should work correctly - any href which has no protocol is assumed to be a page in the help system.
Previous Topic:How to share css files between Features
Next Topic:Maven Integration questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:35:35 GMT 2024