Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [xtext 1.0->2.0 migration] DefaultBracketMatcher missing - alternative?
[xtext 1.0->2.0 migration] DefaultBracketMatcher missing - alternative? [message #696754] Thu, 14 July 2011 19:03 Go to next message
Timotei Mising name is currently offline Timotei Mising nameFriend
Hi!

I'm in the process of migrating my xtext 1.0 project to xtext 2.0. Wow, there are so many changes Razz.

However, there are a some (many) things I see they are missing from the new xtext. I've read 2 times the migration guide, but couldn't find any answer. Maybe you could help me.

I've used before "DefaultBracketMatcher". But now it's not available. How can I re-implement the functionality? For example, I've used that, to highlight corresponding tag:

[tag]
[/tag]

So when clicking on , the [/tag] end would be highlighted.

Consequent with that the "IBracketPairAcceptor" doesn't exist either.

Timo
Re: [xtext 1.0->2.0 migration] DefaultBracketMatcher missing - alternative? [message #696763 is a reply to message #696754] Thu, 14 July 2011 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

i guess Xtext now uses Jfaces org.eclipse.jface.text.source.DefaultCharacterPairMatcher
but i don't know if this is easily adopable since you want to match string not characters.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: [xtext 1.0->2.0 migration] DefaultBracketMatcher missing - alternative? [message #697118 is a reply to message #696763] Fri, 15 July 2011 15:06 Go to previous message
Timotei Mising name is currently offline Timotei Mising nameFriend
Christian,

You are right. According to commit: https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/commit/0208e87e49268f5fcce9a1a76d10be1cd7ff6d2d the jface thingy should be used.

Even though, if I am honest, my old "bracket" (wannabe tag) matching was a bit ugly, which broke encapsulation. That is, I used some magic, and set the node to have a special value based on how I color it. I guess I'll should ... rework that. Razz

Do you have any ideas how you would implement the highlighting of the matching tag? That is, the *whole* tag ([/tag] or [tag]) to be highlighted, not just a character. Even if it's a small idea maybe it will help me Smile

Thanks.,
Timo
Previous Topic:Beginner problem
Next Topic:Adding implicitly created objects to model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:56:14 GMT 2024