Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » SSH Connection missing after update to RSE 3.3
SSH Connection missing after update to RSE 3.3 [message #696571] Thu, 14 July 2011 10:20 Go to next message
Samuel Lampa is currently offline Samuel LampaFriend
I reinstalled a fresh Eclipse Helios SR2, and then installed all the RSE "Main Featrues" components, plus the "RSE SCP File Services" From the "Optional Add-On" category, from the download.eclipse.org/tm/updates/3.3/ update site.

Still, when I start up my RCP project (based on Bioclipse), with RSE loaded, I no longer see the possibility to create an SSH connection anymore, as I could with RSE 3.2. I could not find anything named "ssh" in the software install wizard, for that update site, either.

Any hints on how to go about to find the problem?

Is the SSH connection feature supposed to come with the RSE 3.3 release?
Re: SSH Connection missing after update to RSE 3.3 [message #696574 is a reply to message #696571] Thu, 14 July 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel Lampa is currently offline Samuel LampaFriend
Ah, solved it. I had forgot to validate and "Add required plug-ins" in the Run Configurations.

// Samuel
Re: SSH Connection missing after update to RSE 3.3 [message #696600 is a reply to message #696571] Thu, 14 July 2011 11:27 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Most likely some required component(s) for RSE 3.3 are missing in your RCP.

First of all, ensure you're running a J2SE-1.5 VM.
Next, I'd recommend enabling http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios as additional update site, such that additional required components can be installed from there.

If that doesn't help, look at Help > About : Configuration Details and paste the contents into a file. Also look at the Log file whether there's any exceptions reported. Then file a bug with all information you can get:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Target%20Management

Previous Topic:RSE vs local project with linked remote files
Next Topic:Solved: Application not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:27:37 GMT 2024