Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » NoClassDefFoundError during export(Why in "test" everything ok?)
NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #696495] Thu, 14 July 2011 06:09 Go to next message
MarcoGT  is currently offline MarcoGT Friend
Hi all,

I am developing an Eclipse plug-in extending an existing one which comes from Eclipse.

Inside I code I have added I need log4j and other classes that are inside other JAR built by me (but this is not a plug-in).

Using the Manifest Editor inside Eclipse I have added these two JARs in "Classpath" inside the "Runtime" tab and if I test my plug-in from inside Eclipse using "Run as Eclipse Application" everything is ok.

Problem comes up when I try to export my plug-in because I get some "import can not be resolved" for classes that are inside one of my JAR.

To add these two JARs to my final JAR plug-in I edited the "Runtime Information" inside tab "Build".
In the Manifest.MF tab I can see these two JARs added with:

Bundle-ClassPath: libs/log4j.jar, libs/common.jar  

In fact during export the second JAR is included, but I get "import can not be resolved" inside a log file (created during export).

Why? How can I solve?

Thanks
Marco

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2011 06:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #696532 is a reply to message #696495] Thu, 14 July 2011 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
For log4j: better than including log4j in the bundle, it is better to rely on existing bundles like org.apache.log4j or slf4j. Add such a bundle as required to your bundle manifest.
Re: NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #696592 is a reply to message #696532] Thu, 14 July 2011 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which is the difference from what I have done?

And, can you give me some help for error in import?

Thanks
Marco

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2011 13:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #696676 is a reply to message #696592] Thu, 14 July 2011 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Referencing a bundle helps to get a smaller bundle and you can reuse existing bundles. Including log4j.jar duplicates classes which are already present.

For the "import can not be resolved" message there is not enough info. Would be good to have the bundle manifest and the build.properties.
Re: NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #696917 is a reply to message #696676] Fri, 15 July 2011 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, this is Manifest

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: %pluginName
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui; singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.1.300.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.XMLUIPlugin
Bundle-Vendor: %providerName
Bundle-Localization: plugin
Export-Package: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.actions;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.autoedit;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.catalog;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.contentassist;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.contentoutline;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.correction;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.dialogs;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.dnd;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.doubleclick;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.editor;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.editor.propertytester,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.handlers;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.hyperlink;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.nsedit;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.perspective;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsl.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.preferences;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.projection;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.properties;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.provisional;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.quickoutline,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.registry;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.search;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.selection;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.spelling,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.style;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.taginfo;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.templates;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.text;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.util;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.validation;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.validation.core.errorinfo;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.views.annotations,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.views.contentmodel,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.wizards;x-friends:="org.eclipse.wst.xsd.ui,org.eclipse.wst.dtd.ui",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.views.contentoutline,
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.views.properties
Import-Package: com.ibm.icu.util; version="3.8",
 com.ibm.icu.text; version="3.8"
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui.ide;bundle-version="[3.5.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.ui.views;bundle-version="[3.4.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.jface.text;bundle-version="[3.5.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor;bundle-version="[3.5.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui;bundle-version="[1.2.0,1.4.0)",
 org.eclipse.wst.sse.core;bundle-version="[1.1.500,1.2.0)",
 org.eclipse.ui;bundle-version="[3.5.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.core.resources;bundle-version="[3.5.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="[3.5.0,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.wst.common.uriresolver;bundle-version="[1.1.301,1.2.0)",
 org.eclipse.wst.xml.core;bundle-version="[1.1.500,1.2.0)",
 org.eclipse.wst.common.ui;bundle-version="[1.1.400,1.2.0)",
 org.eclipse.wst.validation;bundle-version="[1.2.100,1.3.0)",
 org.eclipse.core.expressions;bundle-version="[3.4.100,4.0.0)",
 org.eclipse.core.filesystem;bundle-version="[1.3.0,2.0.0)"

Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy; exclude:="org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.validation.core.errorinfo,org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.editor.propertytester"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Bundle-ClassPath: libs/common.jar,
 libs/log4j-1.2.15.jar,

and this is "build.properties"

###############################################################################
# Copyright (c) 2001, 2006 IBM Corporation and others.
# All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
# are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
# which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
# http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
#
# Contributors:
#     IBM Corporation - initial API and implementation
#     Jens Lukowski/Innoopract - initial renaming/restructuring
#     
###############################################################################
bin.includes = plugin.xml,\
               icons/,\
               plugin.properties,\
               templates/,\
               examples/,\
               META-INF/,\
               .,\
               .options,\
               about.html,\
               about.ini,\
               about.properties,\
               about.mappings,\
               properties/,\
               libs/common.jar,\
               libs/log4j-1.2.15.jar
bin.excludes = bin/**,\
               @dot/**,\
               temp.folder/**
source.. = src/,\
           src-multipage/,\
           src-wizards/,\
           src-catalog/,\
           src-validation/
jars.compile.order = libs/log4j-1.2.15.jar,\
                     libs/common.jar,\
source.libs/log4j-1.2.15.jar = libs/
output.libs/log4j-1.2.15.jar = bin/
source.libs/common.jar = libs/
output.libs/common.jar = bin/

And I have "import can not be resolved" for classes inside common.jar

Thanks
Marco
Re: NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #697027 is a reply to message #696917] Fri, 15 July 2011 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui is an exisiting plug-in (Eclipse 3.6.2 comes with version 1.1.103.v201101122108), are you sure that your version 1.1.300.qualifier is used? You can check this with the OSGi console.

In addition: if the plug-in contains classes outside libs/log4j and libs/common.jar, the Bundle-ClassPath should contain the 'dot' or other folders which contain classes.
Re: NoClassDefFoundError during export [message #697044 is a reply to message #697027] Fri, 15 July 2011 11:54 Go to previous message
Martin Skorsky wrote on Fri, 15 July 2011 06:54
Since org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui is an exisiting plug-in (Eclipse 3.6.2 comes with version 1.1.103.v201101122108), are you sure that your version 1.1.300.qualifier is used? You can check this with the OSGi console.

What do you mean with this?
I tried to generate the exported JAR without the "failing" library and the "extended" plug-in is correctly loaded, no problem. I have views and everything else I have implemented.

Quote:

In addition: if the plug-in contains classes outside libs/log4j and libs/common.jar, the Bundle-ClassPath should contain the 'dot' or other folders which contain classes.

Bundle class-path has got the dot:

Bundle-ClassPath: libs/common.jar,
 libs/log4j-1.2.15.jar,
Previous Topic:Installing an existing plug-in
Next Topic:"Go Into" a specific project in the package explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:51:39 GMT 2024