Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Forward a request to children edit parts?
Forward a request to children edit parts? [message #696133] Wed, 13 July 2011 10:29 Go to next message
Martin Missing name is currently offline Martin Missing nameFriend
Hello!

I have a hierarchy of edit parts looking like the following:

Enterprise with Services as children which in turn has employees as children.
My figures is looking something like:

*-----------------------**************************************------------------------*
*-----------------------*------*************------------------------*------------------------*
*---Enterprise----------*------*--Employee----*--Service---------------*------------------------*
*-----------------------*------*************------------------------*------------------------*
*-----------------------**************************************------------------------*

In the Enterprise part i have a layouteditpolicy installed which handles adding of new Employees, a containereditpolicy to handle dragging of employees between enterprises and also a nonresizeable editpolicy.
In the Service part i have a containereditpolicy to handle dragging between different services.
In the Employee part i have a nonresizeable editpolicy to handle dragging of employees within a service.

My problem is that i dont get any move command in my nonresizeableeditpolicy that i have installed on my Employee edit part. The only request i get is add commands in the containereditpolices installed in my enterprise and service parts.

If i remove the Service part and place the employee directly inside the Enterprise I get the move command as expected. Feels like i have missed a middle step when i added the Service part.

Anyone got any suggestions of what im doing wrong?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2011 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forward a request to children edit parts? [message #696501 is a reply to message #696133] Thu, 14 July 2011 06:22 Go to previous message
Martin Missing name is currently offline Martin Missing nameFriend
Solved, problem was that i also needed a layouteditpolicy in my service part.
Previous Topic:Right Mouse Button Menu
Next Topic:Initail position of a node & palette changed at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:25:25 GMT 2024