Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Apply filtering based on inner table field value
Apply filtering based on inner table field value [message #695964] Tue, 12 July 2011 23:36 Go to next message
Neil Wang is currently offline Neil WangFriend
Hi,

I am trying to apply filtering based on an inner table field value.

Please have a look at the template in attachment. If I would like to display the employee and office info when the office info is not San Francisco, is there a way to do this? I tried setting the filter for the outer table but it doesn't have the visibility of the fields in inner table.

please advise.

Neil
Re: Apply filtering based on inner table field value [message #696397 is a reply to message #695964] Wed, 13 July 2011 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Could you just do a joint dataSet?

Regards,

Michael

BIRT Evangelist on
http://www.birt-exchange.org

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Apply filtering based on inner table field value [message #696443 is a reply to message #696397] Thu, 14 July 2011 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If I use joint dataset, the performance will take a big hit; therefore, I need to keep the structure. please advise.

Neil
Re: Apply filtering based on inner table field value [message #696805 is a reply to message #695964] Thu, 14 July 2011 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Here's a way to do it. I step through the office dataSet and create an array of the San Francisco offices. In this case, it ends up being a single office. I then add a filter to the employee dataSet to filter out employees from any office code in this array. In the design, you need to put an element bound to your inner dataSet at the top. I used a simple text box and hid it. Let me know if you have questions.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Apply filtering based on inner table field value [message #698639 is a reply to message #696805] Tue, 19 July 2011 21:21 Go to previous message
thanks, it's an interesting approach.

Neil
Previous Topic:Custom BIRT 3.7 application and classpath
Next Topic:BirtViewer libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:04:01 GMT 2024