Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » DateTime Widget Date Format
DateTime Widget Date Format [message #695830] Tue, 12 July 2011 15:48 Go to next message
Jack Mising name is currently offline Jack Mising nameFriend
I am migrating from the nebula DateChooser widget to the SWT DateTime widget as it now has a drop-down date picker.

I have the code finished now but I have noticed that the SWT widget is not displaying the date format specified by my system locale. It is showing mm/dd/yyyy instead of the expected dd/mm/yyyy.

My system locale is set correctly for the UK and checking the Java VM locale (via Locale.getDefault() immediately before creating the DateTime widgets) which shows that Java knows where I am yet the widget displays incorrectly.

I know that the widget is meant to interrogate the system locale, so is there a setting anywhere that could be overriding this?

I am running the Indigo release of Eclipse (though obviously my code precedes this) on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) x64.

Can anyone help?

TIA
Re: DateTime Widget Date Format [message #696638 is a reply to message #695830] Thu, 14 July 2011 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,
There is an bug open for this issue --> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=248075

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: DateTime Widget Date Format [message #696649 is a reply to message #696638] Thu, 14 July 2011 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Mising name is currently offline Jack Mising nameFriend
Thanks. I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that it used the system locale but I am obviously mistaken. Back to nebula I go.
Re: DateTime Widget Date Format [message #696942 is a reply to message #696649] Fri, 15 July 2011 07:28 Go to previous message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
This bug exists only on the Linux port. The DateTime widget uses the system locale correctly on the other platforms (Windows & Mac). You can add yourself to the bug so that you'll notified when this bug is fixed.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2011 07:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Include a Sash in a ScrolledComposite?
Next Topic:Best practices for SWT/AWT integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:05:05 GMT 2024