Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view
Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #695768] Tue, 12 July 2011 14:08 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello.

I am not sure this is a pertinent forum for this question, but here goes anyway -- apologies if it is indeed the wrong forum.

I am using STS 2.6.* and I am using the Servers View to manually add/remove bundles to/from my configured Virgo Tomcat Server from the workspace.

Mysteriously, one of my bundles does not appear in the list of bundles available for adding and I cannot figure out why. The MANIFEST.MF file of the bundle in question is correct, and so is the project's Eclipse nature etc. Everything builds fine.

Any hint?

TIA,
B.
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #695886 is a reply to message #695768] Tue, 12 July 2011 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
Is it similar to the issue I posted about here? http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/219555/
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #696063 is a reply to message #695886] Wed, 13 July 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks for the pointer, but it is not the same problem.

My problem is an IDE one, I believe, where one of the bundles in the Eclipse workspace is not listed in the list of available bundles that is displayed in the Add/Remove dialog of the STS Servers View.
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #696478 is a reply to message #696063] Thu, 14 July 2011 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's exactly the same problem... I've deployed a bundle into Virgo, but it doesn't show in the IDE...
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #696603 is a reply to message #696478] Thu, 14 July 2011 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I guess I misunderstood your explanation. It would be nice to understand why!...
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #705102 is a reply to message #696603] Fri, 29 July 2011 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I can rephrase my question differently: how does the Add/Remove wizard determine which projects in the STS workspace are fit for adding/removing to the Virgo server?
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #705185 is a reply to message #695768] Fri, 29 July 2011 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found the solution.

In further exploring, I noticed that for some reason the OSGi bundle project nature was not enabled for the bundle in question (Eclipse package view/Right click on bundle/Spring Tools has an option that reads "Remove OSGi bundle project nature" if the project is correctly configured as a bundle and "Add OSGi bundle project nature" if it is not.

In practice, what this converts to in terms of project structure is the addition of a file in the bundle project's .settings directory, called org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml, which contains the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<faceted-project>
  <runtime name="Virgo Tomcat Server 3.0.M3"/>
  <installed facet="com.springsource.server.bundle" version="1.0"/>
</faceted-project>

This does the trick!

Hope this is of help to someone else.
Cheerio!
Re: Missing bundle when adding/removing bundles in STS servers view [message #705388 is a reply to message #695886] Fri, 29 July 2011 20:15 Go to previous message
rshelley wrote on Tue, 12 July 2011 14:31
Is it similar to the issue I posted about here? http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/219555/

I just realized I linked to the wrong post... it should have been http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/219229/

But it looks like yours was different any way, and hopefully your solution works for you!
Previous Topic:Virgo on CloudFoundry
Next Topic:Virgo OSGi modules integration test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:25:54 GMT 2024