Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Support for French Keyboard
Support for French Keyboard [message #695741] Tue, 12 July 2011 13:01 Go to next message
Michel LAURENT is currently offline Michel LAURENTFriend
Hi,

I would like to test a French RCP application and for this I need to add a keyboardmapping_fr_FR.properties files.

I checked the de_DE one and I understand what to do but the problem is that a French keyboard you have to add shift for typing a number...

As you can see in the keyboard mapping picture from Wikipedia attached to this message,
1 (on the English one) = & (on the French)
! (on the English kb) = 1 (on the French)

How to specify this on the keyboardmapping ? What is the reference ?

I tryed difference thing but I still have a problem due to the need of shift ..

Thanks for your help,

Michel
Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #695746 is a reply to message #695741] Tue, 12 July 2011 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Michel,

Thanks for your post!

The reference manual (installed with Jubula standalone) has a chapter on creating Keyboard Layout files:
11.1 Creating a keyboard layout file

It also contains information on adding the layout file to your installation. If the steps in the reference manual are not clear, or you still have problems, then let us know.

Cheers,
Alex
Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #695749 is a reply to message #695746] Tue, 12 July 2011 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help Alex.

I already checked the reference manuel. The problem is that I have to modify two characters for the same "key"...

To type a 1 on the French keyboard, I have to type SHIFT + & but I think for Jubula, the & = 1 because it's based on the English keyboard ...

Do you understand my problem ?
Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #695811 is a reply to message #695749] Tue, 12 July 2011 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Michel,

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think that we assume that the numbers are always the base keys on a keyboard, and I'm not sure we have a way of declaring the opposite case at the moment.

My suggestion for a workaround would be to instead create a keyboard layout for French Canadian, and set the system to use this setting. If the example I saw is correct, the keyboard layout for French Canadian has the numbers as base keys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Canadian_French_text.svg

If this doesn't help, then you or I can enter an enhancement for the French keyboard layout.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #695816 is a reply to message #695811] Tue, 12 July 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you're right. The problem is that you set numbers as base keys and it's not always the case for all keyboards.

I think it should be possible to change this because If I check the keyboardmapping_de.DE, there are changes (like the z key position) that is not in the properties file. So I suppose you can adapt the change you made to reflect a French (Belgium or France) keyboard layout.

The big problem is when you automate test (after a nightly build for example) you will not be sure that the keyboard is defined as English (US) or something else if it's a normal workstation used during the day...

Thanks for your help.

Michel
Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #735383 is a reply to message #695816] Tue, 11 October 2011 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philippe Legay is currently offline Philippe LegayFriend
I have the same problem as Michel. I dont succeed to create a mapping for the ; char. So, the documentation is not so easy to understand and the product limited. If I can't say that 1 is shift+& this is a problem.
May be a solution si to use the keycode, but is not so easy.
Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #773726 is a reply to message #735383] Mon, 02 January 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Parisy is currently offline Olivier ParisyFriend
I would need French keyboard support too. Does any of you have a keyboard layout file to share?

For reference, the corresponding bugtracker entry is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356784

As a workaround, I currently switch to an English keyboard before launching my tests.
Re: Support for French Keyboard [message #1413381 is a reply to message #695816] Thu, 28 August 2014 11:54 Go to previous message
Antoine VINCENT is currently offline Antoine VINCENTFriend
The best explanation about the french keyboard bug is :

Michel LAURENT wrote on Tue, 12 July 2011 11:23
Yes, you're right. The problem is that you set numbers as base keys and it's not always the case for all keyboards.

I think it should be possible to change this because If I check the keyboardmapping_de.DE, there are changes (like the z key position) that is not in the properties file. So I suppose you can adapt the change you made to reflect a French (Belgium or France) keyboard layout.

The big problem is when you automate test (after a nightly build for example) you will not be sure that the keyboard is defined as English (US) or something else if it's a normal workstation used during the day...
[...]

Can you either :
- provide a french keyboard support (reopen the bug ?)
- explain to us how is the z key defined for german users, as it seams there is another way of defining key

Thanks, Antoine
Previous Topic:Document test cases
Next Topic:Identifying the DSL editor in Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:06:21 GMT 2024