Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Default Cut/Copy/Paste/Rename/DeleteCommands disabled
Default Cut/Copy/Paste/Rename/DeleteCommands disabled [message #695687] Tue, 12 July 2011 10:24 Go to next message
Alexander May is currently offline Alexander MayFriend
Hi everybody,

in my RCP application I use a CNF Navigator to display my workspace resources. It is configured using ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot() as RootElement and thus displays IResources. I successfully added several filters, sorters etc and extended the PopUpMenu with some custom commands. Everything works fine so far.

What I can not get working are the default commands to cut/copy/paste/rename/delete resources. Which means they are added to the menu but never get active, so I can't use them. On the other hand I use the NavigatorView the according commands are enabled on my resources and work as expected.

This is the code I used in plugin.xml to add the commands
<extension
      point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
   <menuContribution
         locationURI="popup:{popupMenu.location}?after=group.edit">
      <command
            commandId="org.eclipse.ui.edit.delete"
            id="cnf.popupmenu.delete"
            label="Delete"
            mnemonic="D"
            style="push">
      </command>
      <command
            commandId="org.eclipse.ui.edit.rename"
            id="cnf.popupmenu.rename"
            label="Rename"
            mnemonic="R"
            style="push">
      </command>
   </menuContribution>
 </extension> 

So my question is how to enable these commands?
I found some advice to add Handlers for that, but this allways included writing an own handler, which is not exactly what I want.
I thought a default handler would be added by the defining plugin that works on IResources.
If explicit adding of a Handler is required where do I find the alredy existing handlers to reference them?

Thanks in advance,
Alexander
Re: Default Cut/Copy/Paste/Rename/DeleteCommands disabled [message #698068 is a reply to message #695687] Mon, 18 July 2011 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

When using the Common Navigator framework is there not an actionGroup (like the edit action group) that will add the standard cut/copy/paste to the CNF? I thought it was configured through the CNF extension points.

PW

Re: Default Cut/Copy/Paste/Rename/DeleteCommands disabled [message #698266 is a reply to message #698068] Tue, 19 July 2011 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander May is currently offline Alexander MayFriend
I did not find an actionGroup that integates that easy. When using the default edit action group it simply did not show.

But while trying to do that I found a workaround for the time beeing. I use the inheritBindingsFromViewer attribute of the CNF viewer.
 <viewer inheritBindingsFromViewer="org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer" ...

But this adds several commands I don't need/want in my navigator. So I'm still interessted in a solution.

Alexander

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2011 06:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Default Cut/Copy/Paste/Rename/DeleteCommands disabled [message #698409 is a reply to message #698266] Tue, 19 July 2011 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

How did you try and integrate the editor action group? Are you resource based, using org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources?

If so, how did you try and add org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources.actions.EditActions ?

PW

Re: Default Cut/Copy/Paste/Rename/DeleteCommands disabled [message #700384 is a reply to message #698409] Sat, 23 July 2011 10:13 Go to previous message
Philipp M. Fischer is currently offline Philipp M. FischerFriend
Hi Alexander,

I just placed a topic, because i am having the opposite problem. I was able to enable "cut,copy,paste,delete", but i am currently failing on "save,undo" and "redo". So i actually defined my commandHandlers to react accordingly on the selected objects in the CNF. But for my Problem I am not referencing to the original or default commandHandlers. Do you have a clue how to get the "save,undo" and "redo" enabled in the main menu? They are working perfectly in my popup of the CNF Wink

Cheers

Phil
Previous Topic:Correct way to access IWorkbenchThemeConstants
Next Topic:propertyTester crashes on different objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:35:40 GMT 2024