Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to customize property of a project in Eclipse?(Customize the Property of a project in Eclipse)
How to customize property of a project in Eclipse? [message #695685] Tue, 12 July 2011 10:16 Go to next message
SHUBHAM is currently offline SHUBHAMFriend
Hello !

I have developed a plugin in an Eclipse. This plugin takes a path of batch file in its code and show its output on the console. But i want to customize the property of this project (which is right click by selecting the project then --> Property
Then there are options like
Resources, Builders, Java Build Path, Java Code Style, Java Comipler, Java Editor, Wikitext etc etc..

I want to add some manual property like say "ABC" to it which ask for selecting some file on the local machine (so that i don't have to write the path in my java code and i can select my path from there.)

Please let me know, if anyone has an idea about it. I am new to eclipse! It would be very helpful.

Thank You
Shubham
Re: How to customize property of a project in Eclipse? [message #698002 is a reply to message #695685] Mon, 18 July 2011 15:28 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

There are 2 mechanisms to support what you want: Resource Properties and Project-scoped Preferences.

You can supply a new properties page. See Contributing a property page and Implementing a property page.

PW

Previous Topic:Making view visible throws IndexOutOfBoundsException
Next Topic:Different UI for Multipage Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:43:37 GMT 2024