Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Referencing figure, edit part from another plugin
Referencing figure, edit part from another plugin [message #695482] Mon, 11 July 2011 21:08 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hello,

I have two models: Person and Hobby. Instead of Hobby being part of the Person model it's a separate model with its own edit part and figure. Person model references Hobby model via ecore and genmodel's "Referenced generator models". Person's ecore correctly creates Hobby elements from Hobby plugin and sample emf editor works fine. GMF diagram editor works correctly as well, but edit parts and figures are created in Person's plugin and Hobby's parts are not being used.

I can modify generated code and reference parts from Hobby plugins, but is there a way to modify gmfgraph and gmfgen of the Person plugin so when gmf diagram editor code is generated, Hobby parts are used from Hobby plugins?

thanks,
Alex
Re: Referencing figure, edit part from another plugin [message #695509 is a reply to message #695482] Mon, 11 July 2011 22:16 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
I understand I can create template to aid in what I am trying to do. I was thinking that perhaps gmf generators might know enough about my model (reference to score) to use parts from referencing model without templates.
Previous Topic:mindmap XSD commented
Next Topic:Bug in hide selection / ShapeNodeEditPart: Not restoring edges/links properly on undo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:35:23 GMT 2024