Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » "Go Into" a specific project in the package explorer
"Go Into" a specific project in the package explorer [message #695079] Sun, 10 July 2011 23:40 Go to next message
timm is currently offline timmFriend
Hi.

I'm currently listing all projects, via ResourcePlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot().getPlugins(), this is the easy part.

You know that you can "Go Into" a project by right-clicking it and selecting "Go Into" in the package explorer(of the JDT). I now want to do exactly that in my java code, I just don't know how. looking at the plugin.xml of org.eclipse.jdt.ui, I can only see the org.eclipse.jdt.ui.PackageExplorer class which
1) I can't use in my code(eclipse does not give me content assist for it)
2) I can't find in the source jar(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.source[...].jar)

Another alternative would be some kind of Filter I can apply to only show resources of a specific project(if that's possible).

So, I hope someone knows how to achieve what I want.
Re: "Go Into" a specific project in the package explorer [message #695262 is a reply to message #695079] Mon, 11 July 2011 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vinay  is currently offline vinay Friend
You will have to add org.eclipse.jdt.ui in your plugin.xml dependencies so that you can use org.eclipse.jdt.ui.PackageExplorer class while implementation.

For a specific project you can use ResourcePlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot().getProject(projectName) to get a specific project.

Thanks & regards,
Vinay

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2011 11:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Go Into" a specific project in the package explorer [message #695369 is a reply to message #695262] Mon, 11 July 2011 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
You will have to add org.eclipse.jdt.ui in your plugin.xml dependencies so that you can use org.eclipse.jdt.ui.PackageExplorer class while implementation.

I already did that.(org.eclipse.jdt.ui is 3.7 btw), but seems like there's no PackageExplorer class. I only get PackageExplorerContentProvider, PackageExplorerLabelProvider, PackageExplorerOpenActionProvider, PackageExplorerPart and PackageExplorerProblemsDecorator.

Quote:
For a specific project you can use ResourcePlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot().getProject(projectName) to get a specific project.

I know that. But what I want to achieve is the following:
- Let the user select a project from my project list. When he selects one, I want the PackageExplorer to "go into"(i.e. only show resources of) that project.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2011 17:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Go Into" a specific project in the package explorer [message #697117 is a reply to message #695369] Fri, 15 July 2011 15:06 Go to previous message
I looked into it again, and it looks like the ProjectExplorer also has the "Go Into" functionality and since I use my own perspective and don't really want a JDT dependency, using the ProjectExplorer is more appropriate.
Unfortunately, I also can't find information about how to achieve it with the ProjectExplorer. Googling is kinda hard, most of the entries are simply about how to add a filter with the UI :/
Previous Topic:NoClassDefFoundError during export
Next Topic:Find out different versions of installed plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:19:03 GMT 2024