Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » how to manage requirement in Eclipse(requirement management)
how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #694685] Sat, 09 July 2011 08:07 Go to next message
smilecheqianzi  is currently offline smilecheqianzi Friend
hello, frends, in there somebody who can answer my question?
1. in Eclipse, how to manage requirement?
2. requirement informations distribute in emails, forum etc without any management?

thankyou, I am looking forwar to your reply
Re: how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #694775 is a reply to message #694685] Sat, 09 July 2011 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Hi,

we are currently preparing an Eclipse project proposal for a Requirements Management Framework within Eclipse based on the ReqIF standard. The proposal should be up very soon, we are just waiting for some formal stuff to be done.

The first code contribution will not be a full tool, however. If you want to be informed, you can send me a private message with your e-mail address. 您也可以用中文给我写信 ^_^。

Regards,

Andreas
Re: how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #694779 is a reply to message #694685] Sat, 09 July 2011 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure there's anything existing for that already. Some folks
working with itemis are drafting a new project proposal related to
requirements management. You might want to monitor eclipse.proposals
for it.

On 09/07/2011 1:07 AM, smilecheqianzi wrote:
> hello, frends, in there somebody who can answer my question? 1. in
> Eclipse, how to manage requirement?
> 2. requirement informations distribute in emails, forum etc without
> any management?
>
>
> thankyou, I am looking forwar to your reply

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #694927 is a reply to message #694775] Sun, 10 July 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you very much!
Re: how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #694932 is a reply to message #694685] Sun, 10 July 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello,I can't send you private message because of your profile settings.
Can I ask you questions in Chinese?
您的意思是目前在Eclipse项目中,还没有对需求进行管理的机制吗?比如根据需求类型进行存储,标注需求优先级、重要性等等这些措施有吗?还是说仍然是分布在各种信息交流的媒介中,并没有专门的人对其进行管理呢? 谢谢!
Re: how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #696488 is a reply to message #694932] Thu, 14 July 2011 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Hi,

yes, you are right. Until now I am not aware of an Eclipse-based open source solution to capture requirements, assign priorities or other attributes and generally work with them.

Projects usually use other tools (buzilla, trac, jira) to capture those and use e.g. Mylyn to integrate that into their work flow.

But since today, we have the project proposal: http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/modeling.mdt.rmf/ that will implement the OMG ReqIF standard and then will be able to work with requirements in Eclipse in a way that they should be exchangable with other (commercial) tools implementing the standard.

Best Regards,

Andreas
Re: how to manage requirement in Eclipse [message #722033 is a reply to message #696488] Sun, 04 September 2011 04:40 Go to previous message
Nam is currently offline NamFriend
That's a great news! Does any one use Task List in Eclipse to manage requirements, I think it is fine for simple requirements management.

Object Creation

[Updated on: Sat, 03 December 2011 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Error Message
Next Topic:EclipseCon Europe: program is ready
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:10:39 GMT 2024