Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo(Bundle added to repository/usr not showing in Repository tab of Virgo Tooling)
Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo [message #694491] Fri, 08 July 2011 17:45 Go to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
I've added a bundle to the repository/usr, restarted Virgo, and verified that the bundle is loaded and Active in Virgo via the admin "OSGi State" page, however, the Virgo Tooling in Eclipse under the "Repository" tab of the Virgo Server doesn't show this bundle, even after refreshing the bundle list. This causes the project to not resolve the "Import-Bundle" header for the bundle in question, and the project sources show as missing a dependency unless I explicitly add the dependent JAR directly to the project.

Screenshot of respository/usr:
http://screencast.com/t/gj3t4iGcAT

Screenshot of OSGi State:
http://screencast.com/t/FBSS4xN2

Screenshot of Virgo Tooling:
http://screencast.com/t/ax4aS6nBfbSy

Do I need to do something to have this library show up in the Virgo Tooling?

On a slightly separate topic, but related, should bundles uploaded to Virgo via the admin or dropped into the pickup also be available in the Virgo Tooling "Repository" tab? I can find these bundles from the "Bundle Overview" tab, but not the "Repository" tab so they too can't be used to resolve dependencies.

This is on STS 2.7, Eclipse Virgo IDE 1.0.0.201106220519-M01, and Virgo 3.0.0.M06.
Re: Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo [message #694612 is a reply to message #694491] Sat, 09 July 2011 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duanqi  is currently offline duanqi Friend
Hi,
Your so called com.vaadin bundle may be isn't a true bundle.I have tried to search com.vaadin in Repository table and couldn't find it.So you can just make this bundle by File->new->Plug-in Development->Plug-in from Existing JAR Archives,that can transform the Jar to bundle which can be added into Virgo's Repository.I have tried this method by myself.Hope this can help you something.
Re: Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo [message #694892 is a reply to message #694612] Sun, 10 July 2011 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
It's not just the Vaadin bundle, it's any bundle I add, even my own. The Vaadin bundle isn't in the SpringSource EBR, but then, the EBR isn't very current. I've used the Eclipse plugin-in project before, and I have tried running this jar through it, but afterward, it doesn't load into Virgo anymore...
Re: Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo [message #717864 is a reply to message #694491] Mon, 22 August 2011 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
I am late on this, but would be glad to hear if you solved the issue in the meantime. Any news on this?
Re: Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo [message #791897 is a reply to message #694491] Mon, 06 February 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Please. Im having the same problem here. I can start Vaadin Bundle normally inside Virgo, but if I put it in any repository, I cannot see it from Virgo Tooling, and cannot import packages from it.

How can I debug the reason for virgo tooling not show this bundle?

Thanks!!!
Re: Eclipse Virgo Tooling and Use Repo [message #792072 is a reply to message #791897] Mon, 06 February 2012 15:22 Go to previous message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Only to inform. I have edited the bundle manifest, and removed the "Themes" packages import from Vaadin and now it appears on the Virgo Tooling. I can't say about impacts of this change, but I belive that it will be minimal, because is responsability of the bundle the use of your internal resources.
Anyway, I dont know why tooling dont "see" the bundle before. May be because of the "theme" exported packages doesn't have Class files?

Att,
Eduardo Frazão
Previous Topic:Attention Virgo builders: upgrade Ant
Next Topic:Running Virgo with the security manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:54:46 GMT 2024