Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » How can I make P2 resolve against packages form the system bundle?
How can I make P2 resolve against packages form the system bundle? [message #694470] Fri, 08 July 2011 16:48
Todor Boev is currently offline Todor BoevFriend
Hi,

I am developing an equinox application that adds an additional jar on the system classpath. I want to export the packages in that jar from the system bundle. To this end I have added the packages to the "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" in config.ini.

When I install my bundles from the equinox console everything works fine. When I try to install them through the dropins folder the P2 director complains the system packages are missing. The bundles that consume the system packages are intended for deployment in a P2 repository so I expect to have the same problem there.

Digging a the issue I found the P2 Publisher JREAction. This class is supposed to add a binary IU to a P2 repository to represent the JRE. Additionally the IU provides as capabilities the content of "org.osgi.framework.system.packages". From the code of JREAction it seems that it looks for "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" in a *.profile properties file.

My questions are:
Is this JREAction approach the right way to go?
Where should I look for this *.profile file?
If it does not exist where should I create it?
Previous Topic:Can't activate javax.jms in Eclipse
Next Topic:Procedure to trigger installation in p2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:47:25 GMT 2024