Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Re-decoration of navigator content before incremental build job finished
Re-decoration of navigator content before incremental build job finished [message #693848] Thu, 07 July 2011 10:31 Go to next message
Peter Saunders is currently offline Peter SaundersFriend
I have a navigator content extension which I am using to override certain IFolder and IFile objects and provide custom objects (adaptable to IResource) instead. This content extension is bound to the Project Explorer. I also have a lightweight label provider to decorate the custom objects if any of the IResource objects represented by its children have a problem marker.

The problem is that my incremental builder visits the folders containing the files to be built before visiting the files themselves. The end of each 'visit' by the incremental builder appears to trigger re-decoration of the resource. The custom folder objects are therefore re-decorated before all the files are built and the problem markers have been added.

How can I ensure that the custom folder objects are not re-decorated until the incremental build job has finished?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Re-decoration of navigator content before incremental build job finished [message #693858 is a reply to message #693848] Thu, 07 July 2011 11:00 Go to previous message
Peter Saunders is currently offline Peter SaundersFriend
Peter Saunders wrote on Thu, 07 July 2011 06:31
I have a navigator content extension which I am using to override certain IFolder and IFile objects and provide custom objects (adaptable to IResource) instead. This content extension is bound to the Project Explorer. I also have a lightweight label provider to decorate the custom objects if any of the IResource objects represented by its children have a problem marker.

The problem is that my incremental builder visits the folders containing the files to be built before visiting the files themselves. The end of each 'visit' by the incremental builder appears to trigger re-decoration of the resource. The custom folder objects are therefore re-decorated before all the files are built and the problem markers have been added.

How can I ensure that the custom folder objects are not re-decorated until the incremental build job has finished?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I should have mentioned that this issue occurs only when "Build Automatically" is enabled. When building manually, re-decoration of navigator content does not start until the build job has completed. I need similar behaviour when building automatically.
Previous Topic:reference to the plugin stalled in the previous version
Next Topic:Project type Vaadin Project disappear
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:13:05 GMT 2024