Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unwanted page breaks in PDF output
Unwanted page breaks in PDF output [message #693480] Wed, 06 July 2011 14:42 Go to next message
Marcos  is currently offline Marcos Friend
We have a report with a lot of nested tables, which used to be displayed correctly in Birt 2.3.2. However, after upgrading to 3.7, a lot of page breaks were added, leaving plenty of whitespace in the report. It seems that, if the nested table doesn't fit in the rest of the page, it is automatically moved to the next. I've tried changing the page break parameters but to no avail. Could this be a bug ? Is there any other way to control the behaviour of the pdf emitter, apart from the page break parameters ?

Thanks a lot for the feedback !
Re: Unwanted page breaks in PDF output [message #695871 is a reply to message #693480] Tue, 12 July 2011 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've finally had the time to reproduce the problem using the ClassicModels database, so that I can upload the report file and the results. As you can see, the "Order Details" subreport causes a page break before it, which leaves a lot of whitespace in the PDF file (also attached). Playing with the page break settings (at the moment they're all at "auto") didn't help.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated !
Re: Unwanted page breaks in PDF output [message #695897 is a reply to message #693480] Tue, 12 July 2011 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I've seen this issue in 2.6.x as well. The problem here is that "auto" is actually avoiding page break within. I'm not sure which row this was on, but I went to every row of every table and grid and set it to avoid, then set them all back to auto and it works correctly. See attached.

Michael

BIRT Evangelist on
http://www.birt-exchange.org
  • Attachment: preview.pdf
    (Size: 63.94KB, Downloaded 404 times)

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Unwanted page breaks in PDF output [message #695904 is a reply to message #695897] Tue, 12 July 2011 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Oh, please log a bug for this and post the bug info in here for future reference. Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Unwanted page breaks in PDF output [message #695914 is a reply to message #695904] Tue, 12 July 2011 20:20 Go to previous message
Michael wrote on Tue, 12 July 2011 15:32
Oh, please log a bug for this and post the bug info in here for future reference. Thanks!

Thanks a lot ! That did the trick. The bug number is 351893.

Best regards,
Marcos
Previous Topic:Problem with Empty Rows
Next Topic:report library access jdbc driver?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:41:42 GMT 2024