Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » I cannot find the associations 'namespace' and 'ownedMember' in activities and parameter nodes
I cannot find the associations 'namespace' and 'ownedMember' in activities and parameter nodes [message #693205] Wed, 06 July 2011 02:35 Go to next message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas BalderasFriend
Hello everybody.

I created a simple activity diagram containing two input parameter nodes and one output parameter node (instances of ActivityParameterNode). Each of these modeling elements has an associated parameter (instance of Parameter). All of these components are attached to an activity (instance of Activity).

When I validated my model I got the following error:

The opposite features 'namespace' of '<Activity Parameter Node> input' and 'ownedMember' of '<Activity> MainActivity' do not refer to each other.

According to the meta-model, Activity is a subclass of Namespace and ActivityParameterNode is a subclass of NamedElement. Also, there is an association between those abstract meta-classes whose roles are named namespace and ownedMember.

My problem is that I cannot see, and therefore modify, namespace and ownedMember in the Properties view of Papyrus. I have done a search in the options and the view but haven't found them yet.

Does any of you know how to reach and modify those attributes so I can fix my model and complete the validation successfully?

Thanks. Kindest regards.

/TB
Re: I cannot find the associations 'namespace' and 'ownedMember' in activities and parameter nodes [message #693342 is a reply to message #693205] Wed, 06 July 2011 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yann Tanguy is currently offline Yann TanguyFriend
These are "derived" properties (meaning they are calculated automatically) and cannot be modified directly.

The namespace here is probably the container of your activity (a Package or a Class).

The "ownedMember" implementation collects all the activity members, its properties, operations...
Re: I cannot find the associations 'namespace' and 'ownedMember' in activities and parameter nodes [message #731095 is a reply to message #693342] Thu, 29 September 2011 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas BalderasFriend
In previous models the messages like this one:

Quote:

The opposite features 'namespace' of '<Activity Parameter Node> input' and 'ownedMember' of '<Activity> MainActivity' do not refer to each other

disappeard by themselves after a modification or when closing and opening the project.

However, in my current project they keep displaying after validating the model. I am getting similar messages like:

Quote:

The opposite featueres 'owner' of '<Trigger> temporizationTrigger' and 'ownedElement' of '<AcceptEventAcion> wait' do not refer to each other

and do not know how to make them disappear. Is this a normal behavior of Papyrus? Those associations should be assigned automatically, but they are not.

/T

/TB
Re: I cannot find the associations 'namespace' and 'ownedMember' in activities and parameter nodes [message #731233 is a reply to message #731095] Fri, 30 September 2011 10:08 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Looks like https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=323000 which
was fixed for Indigo.

EMF validation is normally performed on demand, rather than by a
builder, so the problem markers persist until manually deleted, or a
revalidation.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 30/09/2011 00:24, Balderas wrote:
> In previous models the messages like this one:
>
> Quote:
>> The opposite features 'namespace' of '<Activity Parameter Node>
>> input' and 'ownedMember' of '<Activity> MainActivity' do not refer to
>> each other
>
>
> disappeard by themselves after a modification or when closing and
> opening the project.
>
> However, in my current project they keep displaying after validating
> the model. I am getting similar messages like:
>
> Quote:
>> The opposite featueres 'owner' of '<Trigger> temporizationTrigger'
>> and 'ownedElement' of '<AcceptEventAcion> wait' do not refer to each
>> other
>
>
> and do not know how to make them disappear. Is this a normal behavior
> of Papyrus? Those associations should be assigned automatically, but
> they are not.
>
> /T
>
Previous Topic:How to connect an instance of AcceptEventAction to an instance of JoinNode by means of object flows
Next Topic:Papyrus Model Explorer Drop Support Extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:13:15 GMT 2024