Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Save workbench state
Save workbench state [message #692817] Tue, 05 July 2011 09:54 Go to next message
Alexander May is currently offline Alexander MayFriend
Hi folks,

I am currently developing an RCP application from my existing Eclipse plugins. When I use my plugins inside Eclipse IDE everything works fine but I still get some errors when running it from my RCP application.

Currently the most annoying thing, where I can't find any relevant hits when earching the net is the fact that my editors get closed when I restart the application. Whenever I opened several files and need to restart my runtime environment all editors are closed afterwards. How can I get the state of open editors restored after an application restart?

I supsect the solution to be somewhere in the pre../post.. Methods in the Workbench(*)Advisor-Classes but could not find any hint on that.

Thanks in advance
Alexander
Re: Save workbench state [message #693333 is a reply to message #692817] Wed, 06 July 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Adams is currently offline Richard AdamsFriend
Does
public void initialize(IWorkbenchConfigurer configurer) {
configurer.setSaveAndRestore(true);
}

in class ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor extends WorkbenchAdvisor

make any difference?

Richard

Re: Save workbench state [message #693338 is a reply to message #693333] Wed, 06 July 2011 09:35 Go to previous message
Alexander May is currently offline Alexander MayFriend
Yes it does, thank you very much.

For some reason I tried to use this in my ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor instead of ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor and there it did not make any difference.

Alexander
Previous Topic:How to apply Hit Count in CDT?
Next Topic:Where is the content in Register View from?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:01:12 GMT 2024