Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to initiate an inactive view in an IFolderLayout
How to initiate an inactive view in an IFolderLayout [message #691890] Sat, 02 July 2011 18:05 Go to next message
baoyiyang is currently offline baoyiyangFriend
So here is my situation:

I have an IFolderLayout which contains multiple views, let's say A, and B.
From my observation, only one view - the active view - gets initiated (i.e., createPartControl get called). Thus if A is the active view, B, and C are not initiated until the user clicks on them.

This creates problem for me. What I want is to show some text "String 0" in B, and when user loads a file the text get changed to "String 1". What I'm doing is putting the "String 0" in createPartControl, and register this view as an event listener to my controller, so that whenever a file loads up the view changes the text to "String 1".

Now if A is the active view, which means B is not initiated. Then when the user loads a file and click on view B, only "String 0" will be shown since createPartControl is called at this moment.

Is there a way to initiate the view upon plugin start up? Or do I have to use another controller to control the text in views?

Thanks.

Bob
Re: How to initiate an inactive view in an IFolderLayout [message #692397 is a reply to message #691890] Mon, 04 July 2011 11:29 Go to previous message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Please try asking this question in Eclipse RCP or Eclipse JFace forum.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Previous Topic:Customize an Eclipse View with SWT
Next Topic:Problems with ColorDialog in combination with Browser on Macos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:06:31 GMT 2024