Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Start AUT has no effect(Starting test example Adder AUT has no effect)
Start AUT has no effect [message #691520] Fri, 01 July 2011 16:19 Go to next message
Tatiana is currently offline TatianaFriend
Starting test example Adder AUT has no effect.
I could find no log entry generated, no error shown - but AUT is not started.
AUT agent was started successfully.

I tried edit the cmd file to use my version of java. cmd file is executing fine from explorer, the application is shown - but still no effect in jubula.

Eclipse Indigo, java 1.6_26

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2011 16:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Start AUT has no effect [message #691729 is a reply to message #691520] Sat, 02 July 2011 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois Genolini is currently offline Francois GenoliniFriend
Which operating system do you use?
Do you have a firewall?

In the Windows 7 (64-bit) that I have tried, the Windows firewall did ask me if I wanted to block port 60000 (used by the AUT agent).
You said that you have started the AUT agent, have you connected to it using the ITE?

In the PDF user manual there is a check list of everything that you need to do. For example:

download standalone ITE
start AUT agent
start standalone ITE
connect to AUT agent from ITE
open database (usually H2 by default)
open example project
edit AUT (change paths of JRE and AUT itself, as needed)
select test case and run test

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2011 07:00]

Re: Start AUT has no effect [message #691730 is a reply to message #691520] Sat, 02 July 2011 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2011 06:58]

Re: Start AUT has no effect [message #691731 is a reply to message #691520] Sat, 02 July 2011 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2011 06:58]

Re: Start AUT has no effect [message #692486 is a reply to message #691729] Mon, 04 July 2011 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Windows XP. There's a firewall, but it's bypassed for local addresses.

>You said that you have started the AUT agent, have you connected to it using the ITE?
Yes, I did. I actually did all the steps in the tutorial "Test Adder", in order. The gui shows that the connection to AUT agent is established, button "Start AUT" is enabled, but clicking on it has no effect. There's no log entry in any log I could find.

The problem is the same with eclipse plugin and stand-alone application.
Re: Start AUT has no effect [message #692863 is a reply to message #692486] Tue, 05 July 2011 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Did you click on the "Start AUT" button or did you use the small selector on its right side. Using the selector you'll see a drop down list of startable AUTs. The button itself just starts the last selection from the selector. If you've never actually selected an AUT it does nothing.

-Achim

Re: Start AUT has no effect [message #693793 is a reply to message #692863] Thu, 07 July 2011 08:20 Go to previous message
Ah! Thank you. That wasn't really clear - and the combo box disappears sometimes too quickly. A List of startable AUT for the current project would be more easy to use... but no matter, it worked - thank you very much!
Previous Topic:Microsoft SQL Server Connection
Next Topic:Importing/Exporting projects across platforms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:30:50 GMT 2024