Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Separate Tomcat for each project
Separate Tomcat for each project [message #691327] Fri, 01 July 2011 08:47 Go to next message
Atharva  is currently offline Atharva Friend
I use the SysDeo plugin. Each project of ours is self-contained. i.e it has its own Tomcat directory. For a single project I set the TOMCAT_HOME in Window->Prefs->Tomcat to the physical directory and then use the Start/Stop/Restart icons within the Toolbar.

How can I set up separate projects, each with their *OWN TOMCAT_HOME* which can be started and stopped independently. I need each Tomcat to be launched in its own JVM.
Re: Separate Tomcat for each project [message #691472 is a reply to message #691327] Fri, 01 July 2011 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Rich Kulp

Hi,

Do you need to have a physically separate copy of Tomcat, or just need
to run separate instances of Tomcat?

If you just want to run separate instances you can go to the Servers
view and create a new server and load a different WAR into it.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Separate Tomcat for each project [message #691693 is a reply to message #691327] Sat, 02 July 2011 04:10 Go to previous message
Atharva  is currently offline Atharva Friend
I tried setting up servers. The problem is that Eclipse creates its own server.xml, context.xml, web.xml etc files under the workspace metadata while I already have these in my source. I haven't found a way to tell Eclipse to use my config files.

Previous Topic:Javadoc not displaying in template proposal
Next Topic:Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:03:44 GMT 2024