Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC(Indexer Issue)
Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC [message #690389] Wed, 29 June 2011 13:13 Go to next message
Markus  is currently offline Markus Friend
Dear Eclipse Community,

does anyone know- or has anyone ever used eclipse before together with Oracle PROC (Embedded SQL) ?

I'm working on a middle/large C/C++ Project which contains also a lot of embedded SQL Code. After configuring the Eclipse IDE, I can already work with it and iam very satisfied. Unfortunately, I can't find any settings to make the indexer either ignore the embedded SQL Code or accept it as it is. Therefore the IDE shows me a lot of syntax errors which seems to have an effect on the Indexer aswell. The Call Hierarchy view for example is not complete.

Can anyone give me an advice/solution for this issue? I would really love to get it to work Smile

sincerely

Markus

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2011 13:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC [message #690402 is a reply to message #690389] Wed, 29 June 2011 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Can anyone give me an advice/solution for this issue? I would really love to get it to work

You should search the CDT forum Razz
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/645776/?srch=embedded+sql#msg_645776

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC [message #690421 is a reply to message #690402] Wed, 29 June 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thank you for your answer. I've found this posting already before but unfortunately I can't change our code at all places just to fit a new IDE which i'm using on my own.

I would appreciate any other solution which is IDE relevant, thus is not building up on changing running code.

sincerely

Markus

Re: Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC [message #690805 is a reply to message #690421] Thu, 30 June 2011 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
I would appreciate any other solution which is IDE relevant, thus is not building up on changing running code.

Then you will need to change the internal parser code...

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC [message #691256 is a reply to message #690805] Fri, 01 July 2011 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller wrote on Thu, 30 June 2011 04:56
Quote:

Then you will need to change the internal parser code...

I haven't taken a look into it yet, but it seems that this is also a "big thing", which could also not be viable. Thus I have to stick to my current solution and live with it as it is... if nobody else has a better solution?

I'll take a look at the internal parser code when I find a free timeslot anyway.

sincerely

Markus
Re: Using Eclipse CDT together with ORACLE PROC [message #954173 is a reply to message #690805] Mon, 22 October 2012 21:08 Go to previous message
Scott Bell is currently offline Scott BellFriend
Axel,

I take it you are saying that the parsing rules are hard coded into the CDT plugin? Is or will there be any effort to externalize these? Pro*C is an extension to 'C' which is pretty common and promulgated by one of the largest companies in the known world (I actually don't like Oracle, but that's a personal thing Smile and it would seem to be a very good thing to support it within the sphere of CDT and Eclipse.

I am not prepared to be able to change the code for the 'parser', but if there was an externalized ruleset, I could work with that.

Hmmm, while typing this, it brings up an interesting question...why can't the indexer use the same build process that builds actual code. In other words, if gcc can build Pro*C, and it can, then why can't Eclipse use gcc to index it? Maybe we are just missing something here and it already can!

This may be what the gist of Markus's was. It seems that a response of, "Then you will need to change the internal parser code..." may have been hasty. After all, CDT is a tool and should form itself to fit the need, rather than requiring needs to be modified to fit the tool Smile

--Scott
Previous Topic:Please help: On Slackware, CDT does not give GNU tool chain choice
Next Topic:to create a pluggin which will add a new tool chain in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:31:47 GMT 2024