Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » WebApplicationStartFailedException
WebApplicationStartFailedException [message #689620] Tue, 28 June 2011 02:11 Go to next message
duanqi  is currently offline duanqi Friend
Hi
I wrote a web demo based on struts2 in Virgo and got some error about this:

Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.WebApplicationStartFailedException: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/Struts2.example' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start(StandardWebApplication.java:107)
at org.eclipse.virgo.web.core.internal.WebBundleLifecycleListener.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleListener.java:120)

Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/Struts2.example' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.TomcatServletContainer.startWebApplication(TomcatServletContainer.java:123)
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start(StandardWebApplication.java:90)
... 9 common frames omitted

Who can tell me some suggestions?Very thanks.
duanqi
Re: WebApplicationStartFailedException [message #689727 is a reply to message #689620] Tue, 28 June 2011 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Did you look for stack traces and other clues in serviceability/logs/log.log?
Re: WebApplicationStartFailedException [message #690507 is a reply to message #689727] Wed, 29 June 2011 15:55 Go to previous message
duanqi  is currently offline duanqi Friend
Hi Glyn,
I had checked log.log in serviceability file.The most part of errors were java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError,which just like
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter not found from bundle [null (Struts2.example)]
But actually I had imported the package org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter in manifest file of Struts2.example.Why did Virgo can't resolve this relationship
between bundles?
duanqi
Previous Topic:Logging the bundle name
Next Topic:Problem to shutdown Virgo with altered admin password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:07:56 GMT 2024