Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » DirectedGraphLayout: how to set/hint rank?(setting tree root node)
DirectedGraphLayout: how to set/hint rank? [message #689470] Mon, 27 June 2011 17:26
Christian  is currently offline Christian Friend
My plug-in is much like the GEF FlowExample, in that it graphs activities and transitions to/from. One attribute of my flows is they can have only one "start" and one "final" activity. Graphing pre-existing flows that I already had created before starting this plug-in, the Final activity tends to always be at the bottom of the graph; however, in complex graphs the Start activity does not always appear at the top, especially when there are many "feedback" transitions incoming to it.

I've tried tweaking the code manipulating Node.rank and DirectedGraph.ranks, but there is a lot of it and it's a bit nebulous to me. I haven't had any success yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to tweak or how to set up the Node/Edges to get my Start activity to the top?

Thanks,

p.s.
I managed to solve the "cycle" issue of some of my transitions which had the same destination as the source by not "contributing" these Edges to the graph algorithm. When it came time to paint the connector, I just calculated points in a circle.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2011 17:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to draw IFigure into Image
Next Topic:GEF 4.0 branch & Eclipse4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:05:42 GMT 2024