Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » reconfigure project hanging up
reconfigure project hanging up [message #689033] Sun, 26 June 2011 15:55 Go to next message
horn is currently offline hornFriend
Hi,
Ive recently changed to indigo using the linux autotools variant.
I am currently trying to build wine with it.
For that I cloned the wine git tree to my workspace and tried to use eclipse to build it.
configure runs successfully as I can see in the console.
But the background task for the "Reconfigure Project" action doesnt complete.
I have to kill eclipse everytime this happens as even cancelling it doesnt work.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Re: reconfigure project hanging up [message #697235 is a reply to message #689033] Fri, 15 July 2011 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Does the task mention Make Targets? We currently have an issue with the CDT regarding Make Targets. The Autotools plug-in
parses the top-level Makefile created by configure to create a set of Make Targets that can be run via the Make Targets
dialog. This is necessary because there is no simple way to do a make install or make info without adding a Make Target.
Unfortunately, the logic for the Make Targets in CDT is not scalable. Every time a Make Target is added or changed, the CDT
sends out an event which locks the workspace. We are attempting to get around this issue and will be proposing patches upstream
to the CDT.
Re: reconfigure project hanging up [message #699138 is a reply to message #689033] Wed, 20 July 2011 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just checked in a patch upstream that will appear in an up-coming nightly build that should fix the problem.

The calculation of MakeTargets was trying to save time by reusing existing MakeTargets if they already existed. This is problematic because any property changes/settings made to these targets results in events being thrown to warn existing UI dialogs/etc..
This is the cause of the delay. The fix just always creates the targets from scratch which when property changes occur, results in no events.
Re: reconfigure project hanging up [message #701957 is a reply to message #699138] Mon, 25 July 2011 19:29 Go to previous message
I have found that for really big projects with many MakeTargets, the time taken is stil unacceptable and I have made a subsequent patch which makes the time negligible. The patch should appear in the next nightly update.
Previous Topic:Linux Tools 0.8.0 available now as part of Indigo
Next Topic:oprofile: hangs on Parsing OProfile Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:14:32 GMT 2024