Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Minor sequence diagram bug?
Minor sequence diagram bug? [message #688495] Fri, 24 June 2011 19:49 Go to next message
Steve Blackwell is currently offline Steve BlackwellFriend
In a sequence diagram, select a state and the go to the Property View for that state.
Now go to "Create a new Element" (green "+") for DoActivity and select FunctionBehaviour. In the "Create a new Element" dialog, select the UML tab, enter a name and click OK.

In the diagram, the state now shows "/do OpaqueBehaviour <your entered name>.

Should it not show "/do FunctionBehaviour <your entered name>?

I tried selecting Activity and OpaqueBehaviour in place of FunctionBehaviour, suspecting an index problem but both of those work as expected.

Steve
Re: Minor sequence diagram bug? [message #688799 is a reply to message #688495] Sat, 25 June 2011 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yann Tanguy is currently offline Yann TanguyFriend
I assume you meant StateMachine Diagram instead of Sequence Diagram.

You are right, a FunctionBehavior is created so the model is correct, but the label shown for this FunctionBehavior in the diagram is incorrect.

Can you add a bug entry for this ?
Re: Minor sequence diagram bug? [message #689362 is a reply to message #688799] Mon, 27 June 2011 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Blackwell is currently offline Steve BlackwellFriend
Yes, I meant state machine and yes, I can file a bug (350446). I noticed that the problem also applies to Entry and Exit functions.

BTW where can I find a definition of the various options that are available when adding a DoActivity? Specifically, what is the difference between a FunctionBehaviour, an OpaqueBehaviour and an Activity?

One more thing. I noticed that when I exported my StateMachine diagram to a PNG, the initial state (solid circle) and the transition from the initial state to my first state were not included in the picture. Is this by design?

Steve
Re: Minor sequence diagram bug? [message #689678 is a reply to message #689362] Tue, 28 June 2011 07:08 Go to previous message
Yann Tanguy is currently offline Yann TanguyFriend
The UML2 language specification is freely available here : http://www.omg.org/spec/UML/. It probably contains all the information you want to know about the different kind of behaviors.

I could not reproduce the bug you describe, in my case nothing seem to be lost in the image.
Previous Topic:Adding a Symbol to the palette
Next Topic:Sync model with code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:46:10 GMT 2024